TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Jesse Cretens. I'm 30 years old. I drive truck for a living and on my free time, I go with friends and drive my taco..

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I'm about 500 miles away from Ohio.. I just live 120 miles north of Green Bay, WI. I have about three friend up here that have tacos. We would like to start a upper michigan chapter..

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Welcome Jesse, I am in Indiana so that makes us neighbors. Although we don't have a Michigan chapter per sey. don't let that discourage you. Depending on where you are located up there, we do have a member or two. And you are always welcome on any runs/events we may be having down here in Indiana (even though we are still working on developing our chapter, currently)

I might as well be the first one to tell you, now that you are part of TTORA, it is time to hide the wallet and cut the credit cards. People that join up tend to gain a problem of spending money on all the modifactions discussed here.

also make sure and use the search button otherwise the search nazi's jump at the chance to drag out the flame throwers. they are not that bad but anyway worth the mention.

Well anyway welcome. look forward to seeing you on the trails!

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Not a bad idea on starting your own chapter. as I said we do have at least one other member up there (full_tilt_mud or something like that is his screen name) I am sure he will see this thread in the next day or two and chime in.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Man I would really like to take a trip down there in the summer. Please keep me in mind and my good friend and I will take a trip. He own a 2002 double cab.

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
No problem. I only have a (gasp) jeep friend that wheels with me regularly so having you along would be a welcome change.

We hit the Badlands quite a bit as well as Haspin on occasion. Anytime you feel like traveling down let me know and I will do what I can to play trail leader or what not!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that sounds awsome.. we don't have much for trails up here. Then again, were new.. still looking. I just have to make some rock sliders for my truck. I had a close call today almost killing my rocker panels.. I mean dents will come in time, but at least keep it to a minimal..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAg4YqIa65Y

check this little video thats posted on youtube.. this is me on the trail today (01/07/07)

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Looks like a definite need there! but then again, I am one that believes in protection to begin with.;)

Here is a photo from my most recent trip to the Badlands http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2098552634. not the best but we had fun. (my front fender really took a beating on that obsitcle)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i like your truck.. nice set up.. where did you get your rock sliders?? by the way nice solid axel swap.. here is my buddy truck.. he's getting rid of those stupid chrome step bars and bull bar and setting it up right..

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Hey Jessrin, welcome to TTORA!
Where did you take your pics? I go to the U.P. to wheel quite frequently. There is some really good stuff, mostly tight trails/snow mobile trails things like that. Get the map of the snowmobile trails at the gas station and use a GPS! That's probably the best way to find trails besides going with those that know where to go.
I would definatly be interested in a UP/WI TTORA Chapter, or even just a weekend in the summer where the few of us that there are can get together and wheel.

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Thanks! the sliders...I made with the help of a friend back home in Texas. Take your time and you can build anything as nice as anything you see and normally cheaper.

Ironically the friend that helped me make them had a DC very similar to yours and your friends! Same color and all. I think that color is my favorite among Tacomas.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I've got the plans I used to make mine I could give you. Most designs are pretty simple. I made the bolt on square style.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The trail is in Escanaba, Mi near the power line.. I'm up for some wheeling man.. you have any good trails there. I now Ben and I would make a trip down there on a weekend. Starting a TTora chapter would be great.. I wouldn't mind a upper michigan and a wisconsin teaming up.. TTora all the way man

O.K. this is a going too far I think?????

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've found some on this site I would like to copy.. they are made of square stock tubing and welded to the frame..

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Yup! I like the square tubed sliders as well, as you can tell from my rig.

the square tubing is stronger and a lot easier to work with, although I do have a cheap H.F bender.

Let me know if there is anything as for design I can help you with.

Mine are very elementary in design.A two tube design with angle cuts on the end to form a crude radius. but they are strong as hell! I can support the entire weight of my truck on them with no worries.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts