TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else tired of having to drive all the way up to GA or mid FL for a meet? I don't know of any local groups so I'd like to put one together. There's a lot of Toyotas in the area, we need to get organized. It will consist of any Toyota (no Prius's:supergay:) from Destin, FWB, Crestview, Navarre, Milton, Gulf Breeze, P-cola..... Just meets once a month or so with trail rides and junk:driving::camping::xbeer1:. Open to ideas

Jon

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had our first little meet Sat. It was just me, Nine8taco and a Jeep guy riding shotgun since his Jeep is broke. Shoulda bought a yota! We did a few hours of trail riding, hill climbs, off cambers, creek crossings then went to the point. Ended up camping right on the beach.

Found this guy stuck on our way home this mornin. He's coming out the next ride we do.

And Nine8taco's water crossing, one of many that day
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFa_qJZHzkQ

·
Registered
67 Posts
Looks like a great place to camp. The trails aren't salty are they?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Very cool. Glad to see that there are enough guys up in that area that you can go out and have some fun. Did you end up catching any fish? I go up to St. George Island every year for vacation around the end of Oct. It would be great to ride over that way for the day and meet up with some of you guys.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We caught some cat fish and sting rays. Spent most the time trying to find the bottom of the coolers though!

Come on over, there's more miles of trails than roads!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
388 Posts
hopefully we can get some more people out but this doesnt seem like a very active forum. also seto is sep 2-5

·
Registered
388 Posts
theres a thread in the events section with the details on seto

·
Registered
388 Posts
jon i think more than likely were going to be the only ones up here in the panhandle that want to use our trucks for what theyre used for...probably going to be building a high clearance rear bumper and possibly a snorkel this weekend if anyone wants to stop by for a mini wrench-a-thon kind a thing. if not me and jon will probably be wheeling at some point this weekend.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lets see some pics of what you got so far. Let me know when you want to finish it up, I'd be glad to help in the evenings. Then comes the snorkel. I just hope my house plumbing gets finished today then I can concentrate on my trans cooler.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have there been any more interest in the group? I recently picked up an 88 runner and would like to do some trail rides. If I can tear away from the family long enough. I am in Crestview. Light to light moderate trails for now only and air intake mod and 32s on the runner for now many more mods to come.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I've got a bone stock 01 Doublecab Prerunner if you have room. It is worthless off-road though. need someone to carry the groceries?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hey guys there hasnt really been any interest in the group recently but yall are both more than welcome to come out with us anytime! were both lifted and locked with winches so no worries about prerunners or light duty rigs. well get em where we need to go haha. PM me and well find a time to ride or meet up or something. Look forward to meeting yall soon!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
X2! The trails are mostly 2wd friendly. It's the small pits where we do flex/clearance testing, hill climbs/descents and a few creek crossings. If our buddies Jeep can do it, any Toyota can!

·
Registered
388 Posts
^^^X2!!!!!!!!!!
freakin heeps haha

1 - 20 of 61 Posts