TTORA Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I had a great time too! It was great meeting everyone! Looking forward to another meet and getting a trail ride together soon :kewl:

·
Registered
388 Posts
definite trail ride coming soon! well find somewhere to go!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Is this staying active? I live in Gulf Breeze and have always wished there was a local chapter but stupid me never bothered to look here. Now I go to UF in Gainesville but I come home about once a month. I'll try and make my next trip home when there is a meeting and go to Eglin with you guys. I was just there last weekend during TS Lee and we went out to the point. By the way, that was a mistake. We almost rolled a Chevy 1500 in one of the holes and a Jeep TJ got stuck a half dozen times. One time was actually on the point with an incoming tide. Should have left it. :rofl:

·
Registered
388 Posts
we definitely try but life gets in the way easily!

·
Registered
388 Posts
hey guys what do you think about finding somewhere out on the range that we can camp sat night, preferrably that we have to wheel to but hey it is what it is. JJ lets get your input bud you probably know the area the best, that i know of. See what everybody thinks about it, all are welcome!!! ....seroiously come on out!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Love the idea! I'm totally down for it. Unfortunately :( I won't be able to do Saturday because I have a fishing trip that day plus family coming in town for the weekend. Wish I could though :(

I think on the reservation they have designated camping spots. I'll look for them on my map. Hopefully some of them will be challenging to get to.

I have no idea where any of this is, but it might be cool to find out about?
http://emeraldcoastjee.10.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=2419

·
Registered
388 Posts
hell yea i want to find that stuff!!!!! I know where one of the spots is, the pics in that thread of them going down a drainage pipe is right behind club 51, or right in that general area.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I marked 12 places on the gps sattelite map out on the range, I have NO idea whatsoever what the places are like or how hard the trails are to get there but im gonna go out exploring prolly first thing sat morning and prolly be out all day, just doing some exploring, let me know if anyone is up to roll!!!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I posted on that thread and sent a message to the club VP about those spots. Hopefully we'll hear something soon.

Also, I found out it's next weekend my family is coming to town. Not this weekend. I still have the fishing trip though :/

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
The Jeepers don't seem to want to give up those spots. I just posted again in that forum to see if anyone is going out there again.

Anyone want to get a meet/ride together soon?

·
Registered
396 Posts
I'm a member of Emerald Coast Jeepers with my YJ. Most of the spots they hit are actually pretty well hidden. I only know how to get to half of them if that even. They're not picky about who knows they just want to know it's not some joe-blow going to tear it up and ruin it for everyone. They welcome other 4x4s, you just can't have voting rights in the club if you're not in a Jeep. You should get with them and organize a joint TTORA and ECJ ride. They would probably enjoy some good Jeep vs Toyota rivalry.

As far as camping goes on Eglin, you have to camp only in designated spots and you have to tell them where you will be. Once the sun goes down you are not allowed to leave camp unless emergency and you must camp in the site you said you would be at.

This should be obvious but you must also have a pass to be on Eglin property. It cost $12 and you obtain it at Jackson Guard after watching a short video saying, "DON'T TOUCH BOMBS!!!" If you are caught on Eglin property with no pass then I pity you. At best you'll get a $200 ticket.

Last thing, do not play in clay pits at Eglin. Even if it is all sand it will be conisdered a clay pit. Do not get caught in these or you will be very unhappy.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hey tacotraveler, if you don't mind can you show me/us how to get out there to at least some of those spots? I'd love to find some cool spots. I've only used sat view on my phone to explore out there. (pretty crappy!) hit me up on pm or something and we can figure it out! Thanks a ton for chiming in! And I think I can safely say that were all down fr a joint ride!! Anytime! Maybe you can be our ambassador sinceyou'vee got both types of vehicle? Thanks again man TTY soon

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I think we should have a meet this weekend in Kuait! I hate missing out on all the good stuff! Glad to see something coming together. Happy trails guys, see ya in a few months.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I wish I could help you but unfortunately I go to college at UF right now. I'm home maybe 1 weekend a month. Gather up the local TTORA guys and just start going to Eglin. Best thing I can tell you is drive around. The best stuff in my opinion is all on the west side of Hwy 87. Buck pond isn't a bad area, Turkey Creek, and if you go around the air strip (trail borders it) then you can even go out to the point (off the map). If you can actually organize into a group then I know ECJ would be more than happy to go on a joint ride. Just establish some sort of name and not just a bunch of individuals.

I will be home the weekend of Halloween (28-30). Let's try to set up a meet and greet for all the local members. Some place central with a big open area. If we get our stuff together then I may even be able to get Shoreline Park in Gulf Breeze for us to use. Cook out, big parking lot, gazebo with a grill, volley ball and horse shoes. It's just the first thing that comes to mind because it's 5min from my parents house. Haha

I'm going to make a thread where everyone will post up locations so we can try and figure out a good place to meet. Feel free to PM me with any questions or even shoot me a text. My info is in this new thread.

EDIT:

Let's definately get a meet and greet soon. I would hate to see someone be misinformed and wander on to Eglin not knowing they need a pass and get slapped with a big fine or worse.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Dang. I'm going shopping in Atlanta Halloween weekend :( It's all good though.

I know almost all of the areas west of 87, but I don't know about the trail that borders an airport? I've driven out to a beach (Schevan's Point <- spelling?) that way before, but not sure if that was it?

I'm in for getting an official group together and organizing a ride with ECJ for sure!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
We almost rolled a Chevy 1500 in one of the holes and a Jeep TJ got stuck a half dozen times. One time was actually on the point with an incoming tide. Should have left it. :rofl:
Like this? Christmas Eve 2010

But then sadly got pulled out by this Heep

Fun things I'll never do again

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I've talked to that guy with the Liberty on JK-Forum quite a bit. Is the dude in that pic mad?

41 - 60 of 61 Posts