TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm new to the forum. My wife got me a '79 4x4 pickup that I've had my eye on for the last few months for christmas :D

Top of the "to-do" list is:
fix the suspension with a 3" lift - front springs are "w" shaped now
get the electrical problems fixed (taillights, headlights, etc.)
get the 20R running a little better with a carb kit

I went to the TX TakeOver last October and had a blast. Hopefully soon we can get an Arkansas chapter active.

Anyways, here's some pics! Yeah, it's a beater, but a 'yota beater is better than any beater on the road, IMHO.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Welcome from another newbie. I really like the old Toyota trucks. I used to have a 81 4x4 long bed. Bought it new and kept it for a long time. Came out one morning and all that was left was 4 tires and a pile of rust LOL

·
Registered
227 Posts
My parents live in Texarkana, and I have some family that lives up in little rock. I go up there quite often, so we'll have to get together sometime and do some wheeling. :driving: Welcome to TTORA :)

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
izahick1 said:
My parents live in Texarkana, and I have some family that lives up in little rock. I go up there quite often, so we'll have to get together sometime and do some wheeling. :driving: Welcome to TTORA :)
I have family in T-Town :)

If you're ever in the area, maybe we could head over to the Superlift park in Hot Springs sometime.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Sounds good. Ive been to the superlift park before, I haven't wheeled it yet, but its a nice park. Might have to get together this summer and go wheeling up there.

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
Welcome to TTORA!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
TEJASYOTA
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing