TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a long time reader, but I finally joined and figured I would post.

Drive a 93 pickup, 4x4, 22RE, 5 spd about 110,000 miles. Pretty much stock but "mods" include: MTRs (235=tiny but good mpg); grill guard w Hellas; custom rear bumper (2x4 3/16" steel with shackles and flush hitch=my first real welding attempt:welder: ); Trueflow air filter, Rancho 5000 shocks; top with roof racks

Currently getting the truck in shape to drive from Maine to Alaska. So doing maintenance (oil & oil filter; new 3 core radiator; upper & lower radiator hoses; thermostat; new belts; new shocks; 50n recall done as well as new pitman arm & idler arm and what ever else I can get to prior to departure).

Anyway, looking forward to posting here. :cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Moving from Orono Maine (finishing up a MF forestry degree) and headed to the tiny town of Wrangell, AK to work for the FS for a few months. Should be a fun drive. I'll see if it is possible to drive with enough belongings for 6 months (climbing gear, etc) with two people and an dog in a reg cab Yota.

RJ-I grew up in the NW part of CT

Flatlander-nice avatar BTW-trying to get my wife to do something like that=no such luck yet

Thanks for the welcome

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Should be about 4000 miles if you go pretty direct...we aren't going straight, we are going to dip down to hit the needles in SD, then down through the Wind Rivers in WY, up the Tetons, into MT past glacier, then up through AB and Banff, then onto BC. Whew. Once we get to the edge of BC, we're not done yet...got a 13-14 hour ferry ride.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Welcome...
I have faith that you can make it... I lived in a Subaru wagon for a couple months in AK. When it got cold I decided maybe renting a place was an option. Anyhow, I had climbing, biking, skiing, etc gear.. packed in there and still managed to find a place to sleep.
On a side note, If you're heading through Wyoming I could point you in a few directions - happened to be raised in Pinedale and now I'm in the north-central part of the state.

·
Registered
324 Posts
sounds like a great adventure, those are a few destonations id like to see myself. i live in lincolnville, me not to far down the coast from you, spend my weeks on the coast working, and weekends at sugarloaf riding its been an amazing spring like 6 feet of snow in the last 3 weeks unheard of for the east coast. have a great trip

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
2019 4RUNNER TRD Off-Road
9,051 Posts
Welcome to TTORA!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts