TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey whats going on everyone?????
my name is jon from SLC, im 23 years old.
ive been looking at this site and doing a lot of searchin looking at newer tacos
im currently overseas, (somewheres) playing ARMY and i sadly sold my last toyota before i left. i am planning on getting a new taco soon when i get home.
my last toy was an 85 extra cab, with a 3rd gen short bed. with 22re with a port and polished head, 5 speed tranny, 529 gears, rear arb, rock sliders, front bumper, duel cases, big stereo, 35" MTR's also half doors.
here is a pic of her and my other toy i like to race.
its a 1957 chevy short bed step side pickup with a lil motor, shes running a 468 big block, a 4 speed, narrowed posi ford 9inch rear, and sitting on air bags. ive got more cars then i know what to do with ha ha, im lucky a guess.
-jon

·
Registered
852 Posts
Welcome, Jon! I hope your OCONUS tour is going well. ...or, at least, isn't sucking too badly. If you're in the box, well, then, I guess I hope it isn't really, really sucking. :D

Hope you get back stateside soon, and, just as importantly, that you get a new Taco shortly thereafter!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im lucky that im not in the sand box, but ive had plent of time to at least visit the beach play in zodiacs and watch tons of movies ha ha,
when i get home im planning on getting a taco bout a week after.
im thinking a 2004 double cab trd 4x4 and i gotta run at least 35s, i think they aint cool unless they got em.
so that means re-geared and at least a six inch lift, either the tuff country 5inch or fabtech 6inch. i here bad bout both though. so i need to searh more on this i know that.
anyone have more imput on this????
-jon

·
I think I remember where Moab is?
1,227 Posts
Welcome Jon. So do you know when you are going to be home? Sounds like a good choice in trucks....and you aint gotta run that much lift, just gotta be willing to trim alittle or at cut it up whichever way you want to think about it.... If you are going to be back before April 20th, come check out the off-road expo, I will be there along with a few others. And I should have my truck down there with me and I can show you what it takes to run 35's with only 4"-4.5" of lift....... Good luck, THANK YOU and come home safe!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know i wont be home by then, i sure wish though, it cant come soon enough boy ill tell ya haha.
im willing to do trimming and a lil cutting, for now i just need a dd but its gotta look good too, that why i like 35's. in the future i would like to SAS but we'll have to see how life goes and if i get deployed again anytime soon.
i would like to see what your talking bout with a 4inch with 35s so please tell me what ou got running and some pics too if possible
-jon

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
for sure i will, it will be soon enough, im gonna need all the info i can get to install my lift and do gears, i really wanna install everything myself. ill have a month of paid vacation so i figure that will be enough time to get my truck, do a lift gears and everything else im thinking.
and ive got the money now so i just need to be home, im way too ecxited
-jon

·
I think I remember where Moab is?
1,227 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
she looks good i like her. i realy want to stay away from a body lift though, i like all suspension

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
2019 4RUNNER TRD Off-Road
9,051 Posts
Welcome to TTORA! :)

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Howdy and Welcome. Remember when you duck to keep you tushy down. Don't need an extra hole their :rofl: :lmao: ??? Be Safe!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts