TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my last rig was an Xj, I love them but I got a good deal on a 88 4runner with a SBC 700r4. I know that some of you will hate that but I like it. It has had an SAS but as I know nothing about Toyotas I cant tell you anything about it, It leaks oil and need a new rear driveling, the home made one vibrates. It is clean inside and out only 1 small spot of rust on the passenger side front fender. None of the gauges work so I am looking to go full aftermarket with a digital GPS speedo. I included a photo of my last XJ, it was stock when I got it.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Im in the same boat, just sold my 2000 xj after I swapped in 98 5speed 4.0 drivetrain and the harnesses to go with it for an 01 tacoma trd sr5. Its almost like starting all over again knowing nothing about toyota or ifs but im ahead of the game cost wise already having the skids and locker :) not gonna lie im excited your runner looks clean. Im interested to see where you go with it

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
always a Toyota lover at heart
1,114 Posts
Hey bro, I know what you mean!
I started with a 1998 std cab Tacoma, moved into a Ford SD diesel,then into my 01 XJ!
Now looking to get back behind the wheel of a YOTA
looking at a 2nd Gen 4Runner!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts