TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am new to this site, but have read the forums and Have a few friends that are on this site. Now to my dillemma. I went wheeling with a friend tuesday, and got my 2000 dodge ram short bed single cab stuck. I have called a few towing companies and they have all turned me down. there is about 3 or 4 feet of snow now, and I'm afraid if I dont get it out soon, I may not see it until spring, or never again. My friend suggested I post up on here for any suggestions or if there is anyone willing to take a run up there to help. I would compensate with money or beer or dinner or whatever. Let me know and thank you in advance.

·
20,355 Posts
Welcome to CoTTORA.

I may be able to help you out, but it wouldnt be until tommorow. i would be able to leave loveland around noon-1 to head up that way. how far up are you stuck?

Also you may want to edit your post to remove the location in case someone sees this and decides they want some free truck parts.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the heads up.... I was thinking sometime this weekend, and i am almost down to the lake. there is a decent hill and that is what I cannot get up, once i get past that it should be easy rolling, as long as the snow isnt too deep.

·
20,355 Posts
so your truck is/was moving under its own power then, just couldnt make a climb?

·
20,355 Posts
a few quick questions.

did you air down the tires?

Put chains on the tires?

those would be my first options if it were my truck to get it out.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I understand not leaving the exact location on the forum, but can you give us a general idea of where the truck is, in case we'd like to volunteer? At least a city, perhaps?

·
Registered
494 Posts
HA HA.........TOLD YOUR DUMB ASS TO BUY A YOTA....... next question is why were you wheeling a basically stock dodge in 3 to 4 feet of snow in the mountains with out any other capable rigs??? i can only assume the friend drives a full size chevy and he obviously couldnt pull you out or you two didnt have a tow rope........ thats a lot of weight for any of our rigs to try and pull through a wall of snow........up a hill..............better pray it thaws a little this weekend for you

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
if he is wear i think he is, about 4-5 tow straps, shackles and maybe two winches would be enough to get him out... maybe a little less but thats probally ideal for the situation he's in...

im pretty sure that hill you got stuck on nearly got me in the same situation luckly i didnt have problems getting back up.

did you try throwing gavel on the hill?

id come for moral support and an extra truck, but no winch to give a good helping hand

oh and tree savers would be a good idea b/c i expect what ever recovery truck your is gonna start sliding down that hill towards you

·
20,355 Posts
good heads up. i can head up, but i also dont have a winch. sounds like it will be a good idea for us to wait until someone with a winch chimes in.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
HA HA.........TOLD YOUR DUMB ASS TO BUY A YOTA....... next question is why were you wheeling a basically stock dodge in 3 to 4 feet of snow in the mountains with out any other capable rigs??? i can only assume the friend drives a full size chevy and he obviously couldnt pull you out or you two didnt have a tow rope........ thats a lot of weight for any of our rigs to try and pull through a wall of snow........up a hill..............better pray it thaws a little this weekend for you
Well it wasnt 3 or 4 feet of snow when we went up that morning, secondly im pretty sure the polaris couldnt pull my truck no matter what, and we did have a tow rope. One of the other guys that ended up getting his jeep stuck up there was at 4 wheel parts today, he called me and said he rounded up 5 decent rigs, we are gonna give it a shot sunday, so thank you everyone for the offers, we will see how sunday goes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
a few quick questions.

did you air down the tires?

Put chains on the tires?

those would be my first options if it were my truck to get it out.
Did not try airing down the tires, and didnt have chains, I really went unprepared for the situation that it turned out to be. :mad: Suppose I should check the weather report and not just answer the phone and go, but hindsight is always 20/20. Oh well lesson learned. ill keep everyone updated on the situation.

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Did not try airing down the tires,
Air the tires down to practically flat to get out, then air up to drive home. Single digit air pressures will make the tires work like tank tracks.

If you want to try earlier than Sunday, let me know.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Air the tires down to practically flat to get out, then air up to drive home. Single digit air pressures will make the tires work like tank tracks.

If you want to try earlier than Sunday, let me know.
that is a good idea but i do not have a compressor to air them back up unless one of the guys that comes to help does. thank you for the suggestion though.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Tiny you fat cockeyed fuck! if you want i have a C02 bottle and line and all that jazz you can use to air back up or just stop at a gas station close and air up. your choice. LMK how this works out.

·
20,355 Posts
X3 on keeping us updated and letting us know if you want to try and get it before sunday.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts