TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was a member years ago with a 2002 tacoma. Got into the diesel world and im in my 3rd cummins. 2015 ram 2500 4x4. anyhow, I just picked up a fun toy.

1996 Toyota Tacoma
x cab
4x4
2.7 4cyl
truck cap
3" Body lift
2 or 2.5" spacers
35x14.50 swampers
no rust, shiny paint
clean interior

Anyhow, the guy said he went to replace his valve cover gasket and took out spark plugs 1 and 2 and got stuck on 3. he couldnt get it out and said he broke it and it needs a new head.

I bought the truck for 750.00. I cracked the hood and took a picture down the num 3 cylinder and it looked like something was odd, I stuck my needle nose pliars down there and pulled out a broken plug wire and socket, the plug was intact and good to go.

I replaced all plugs, it needed a battery and after sitting for a year started on the first crank. I was driving it around all day till the rotted belts broke. Anyhow, Im in need of one part to get me back to normal. I need the stock rubber shift boots that under the pretty decorative vinyl boots for a 5speed 4x4. Where do I find one, I cant find them online.

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cleaned up, a years worth of gunk and fungus from sitting there. Detailed the motor as best I could and de greased it. Wheels and tires will go and new 15x8 black steelies on 33x12.50 coming. Gonna sell these 35x14.50 swampers and wheels for some metal to fab up new rear bumper. Solid axle coming soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts