TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heck yah this thing is awesome. It's a Cummins 48" beast that I had a few questions about.

Without a bedbar, anybody have any creative yet practical places to mount this sucker? Will it be alright in the rain?

Also, are there any handy write-ups as to winching/jacking techniques?

Thanks all
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
(Flexion) said:
Heck yah this thing is awesome. It's a Cummins 48" beast that I had a few questions about.

Without a bedbar, anybody have any creative yet practical places to mount this sucker? Will it be alright in the rain?

Also, are there any handy write-ups as to winching/jacking techniques?

Thanks all
I had a double cab and I mount it with 2" angle iron, pic in here

http://community.webshots.com/album/219638235ZuJzVz
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
(Flexion) said:
Heck yah this thing is awesome. It's a Cummins 48" beast that I had a few questions about.

Without a bedbar, anybody have any creative yet practical places to mount this sucker? Will it be alright in the rain?

Also, are there any handy write-ups as to winching/jacking techniques?

Thanks all
Here's my writeup.

Be careful.
 

·
Going John Galt
Joined
·
31,843 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
hytenor said:
awesome! you need to post this in the cheap tricks folder as well.

mind if I swipe your idea? ;)
The setup I get is perfect for the doublecab, because the whole weight are seating on the wheel well, for a full size bed with the same setup, might need to add some support.
 

·
Going John Galt
Joined
·
31,843 Posts
cbr900rr95 said:
The setup I get is perfect for the doublecab, because the whole weight are seating on the wheel well, for a full size bed with the same setup, might need to add some support.
I think I will get a piece of Aluminum like you have but taller so it bolts to both of the tie-down screws. is that 1/8" angle that you used?
 

·
Going John Galt
Joined
·
31,843 Posts
cbr900rr95 said:
Yes, it is 1/8" alumium, 2"X2", length 47.5".
kewl, thanks
 

·
Random Dude
Joined
·
1,043 Posts
Prolonged exposure to rain and dust/dirt is definitely not good for the hilift. I've had two hilifts in my life as a hilift owner. One I always kept indoors and only took outside for trips. The other never came out of the bed. The first one worked great until the day I sold it (needed a 60"). The second one worked for about a month and now only comes down when it feels like it.
 

·
Random Dude
Joined
·
1,043 Posts
And yes, I've rebuilt it and although it started working slighty better (read: tolerable) it still makes me want to buy a new one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,222 Posts
hi-lift jack

BigBadBob0 said:
And yes, I've rebuilt it and although it started working slighty better (read: tolerable) it still makes me want to buy a new one.

hey bob,
I'm in the process of rebuilding mine and painting it w/ POR15, then I'm gonna coat it in some rattle can black. POR15 isn't supposed to be direct sun-light. If that works good, I'll just leave it on there. Just figured you might wanna try something like that. Peace, Wes
hey
 

·
Going John Galt
Joined
·
31,843 Posts
cbr900rr95 said:
The length might be wrong, I will measure tomorrow.
no biggie, I'll just measure mine from hold-down to hold-down
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
800 Posts
Make sure to keep the jack plenty lubed up if it lives outside. You probably also want to carry a can of WD-40, and a screwdriver to release the catches when they hang up during use.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top