TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i doubt anyone really cares, but i just feel like sharing this with everyone... my new job rocks. my job title is "front desk clerk" at a local hotel, and i get to sit here for 8 hours a day browsing the forums. sure, every once in a while i have to check someone in to their room or answer a phone, but then right after i get to come right back here to ttora. pretty sweet job for a college kid. haha :cool: only request i can make is for everyone to keep this place interesting... otherwise im going to go insane! damn im bored.

·
Registered
947 Posts
CentralCoastTaco99 said:
i doubt anyone really cares, but i just feel like sharing this with everyone... my new job rocks. my job title is "front desk clerk" at a local hotel, and i get to sit here for 8 hours a day browsing the forums. sure, every once in a while i have to check someone in to their room or answer a phone, but then right after i get to come right back here to ttora. pretty sweet job for a college kid. haha :cool: only request i can make is for everyone to keep this place interesting... otherwise im going to go insane! damn im bored.
Soooo. Do you have a King, non-smoking available? Preferably 1st floor.. What time does the pool close? When is breakfast?

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
so do you have hourly, nightly or weekly rates? Kitchenettes? how about monthly rates?

Do the beds vibrate?

Just trying to gain some insight to what type of "hotel" you are working at.:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
In the same boat!

I just switched shifts to a supervisor’s position. Now the only thing I have to do is check on the guys working on the plane, answer the phones, and update a couple slides. Oh and check TTORA boards also not fall asleep! Life is grand till the day shifters come in and I have to go to meeting and up date everyone.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jhunter said:
Soooo. Do you have a King, non-smoking available? Preferably 1st floor.. What time does the pool close? When is breakfast?
depends on what night you want it. all rooms are non-smoking. no pool here, just a 24 hour hot tub. breakfast is 7-10am every morning. ;)

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bear said:
so do you have hourly, nightly or weekly rates? Kitchenettes? how about monthly rates?

Do the beds vibrate?

Just trying to gain some insight to what type of "hotel" you are working at.:D
nightly rates. they are outrageous. no kitchenettes, but every room has a mini fridge.

beds could vibrate... thats assuming you put about 50 vibrators in it.

i work at a relatively nice hotel in pismo beach. right on the beach, like a block away from the pier. its nice.

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
I was just giving you grief. :D

the first mental image I get when I hear the term "front desk clerk" is of the old TV police dramas where the detective goes up to the flop house clerk and asks about a suspected thug.

I know, I know, bad stereotype, but I thought it was funny. sorry.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Dude said:
do you have hot room cleaner chicks that like to "hang out" with customers....in their room?
no. all ugly fat mexican girls... but they are usually gone by the time i get here, so its all good. we have some hot front desk clerks i get to work with though. mmmm... this job kicks ass.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bear said:
I was just giving you grief. :D

the first mental image I get when I hear the term "front desk clerk" is of the old TV police dramas where the detective goes up to the flop house clerk and asks about a suspected thug.

I know, I know, bad stereotype, but I thought it was funny. sorry.
eh, its all good. im starting to get bored now, but i go home in half an hour. soooo not too bad. :)

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
CentralCoastTaco99 said:
no. all ugly fat mexican girls... but they are usually gone by the time i get here, so its all good. we have some hot front desk clerks i get to work with though. mmmm... this job kicks ass.
i will get them to hang out with me instead! then the will book me for free from then on. :D

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Sweet.

I just got a pretty sweet job too. Pharmacy Tech at MW Med Center in K-Falls. Starting at 12.30 a hour with no exp.! Wahooo! Funny thing is a good portion of the majors at OIT are medical related and I am in Mechanical Engineering lol. The hospital is leterally across the road too. I think its ganna be a pretty cool job and if no internship comes this summer I'll be making halfway decent money.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
4x4taco said:
do you go to cal poly by any chance?
I used to!! Used to live on Fredericks, a few houses up from the Campus Bottle.

·
Registered
79 Posts
If it doesn't have a pool then it's not the Cliffs. I love that place. Hard to stay away from their free taco bar.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
ShowStop said:
Thats convenient when you have to head home after partying at the frat house. Just stumble a block or two back home.
Damn right. We used to hang out at the beach house a lot. If you know which house that is.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
CentralCoastTaco99 said:
Weclome to my world :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts