TTORA Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well im new to the taco seen... i was born and raised chevy.
here's wat i got so far. i started w/ the stock 03 TRD xtra cab last year. ive done a few mall crawler mods :rolleyes: , toytec coilovers (allpro), AAL, and 1" shackles. im not even looking for positive opinions cause those look hard to come by on this forum..
WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR IS... what should be my next step first??

sliders?
front bumper??
misc trail gear?
suggestions???

AND YES... she goes off road. i live in the country and do site work for a construction firm so i couldnt avoid it if i wanted to. no desert wheeling just muddin out here

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
2019 4RUNNER TRD Off-Road
9,051 Posts
SLIDERS!!!!

Specifically CBI Heavy Duty Clamp-On Sliders.

·
Registered
779 Posts
sliderssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

·
Old School
938 Posts
If you plan to do mudding more often than rock crawlin I would suggest a new front bumper and winch. You will get a lot more use out of that combo then sliders if you don't plan to see rock often...

just my :2 cents:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you're right... im dyin for a front bumper over here.. just need someone to fab one up :rolleyes:

·
Old School
938 Posts
you're right... im dyin for a front bumper over here.. just need someone to fab one up :rolleyes:
I hear ya. That is on my list next along with a custom flatbed. Got the steel, just need the time to cut it up and fab it. Eventually SAS and exo-cage. New paint job. Add a winch front and rear. Dang, list keeps getting longer...

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Are your coilovers cranked all the way up? If it were me I'd lower them a bit, you'll want to retain a bit of down travel as well. Other than that, trail gear, sliders, then some bumpers.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no they arent cranked up all the way, i got another half inch... i still dont know why the back end sags a lil w/ the ALL and shackles. toolbox maybe?? its packed to the lid...idk:confused:

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
SLIDERS! Yes good for rock crowling, but also good for logs, sharp drop offs, steps into truck, cleaning boots and protect the side of you cab. You price a new door lately? Also, I would lower the front coilovers at least another 1/2". More front end travel and less wear an tear. :2cents:

·
Registered
779 Posts
SLIDERS! Yes good for rock crowling, but also good for logs, sharp drop offs, steps into truck, cleaning boots and protect the side of you cab. You price a new door lately? Also, I would lower the front coilovers at least another 1/2". More front end travel and less wear an tear. :2cents:
could not have said it better :clap: who muds anyways?? winch?> just never go alone be smart...don't mud at all and get sliders :flipoff2:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Looks awesome 2me-

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
tires are 285's.. the reason i got em cranked up high is to avoid rubbing.. right now there is virtually NO rub at all, its great. at full lock i get o so slight of a rub on the frame. i havent had to do any mods at all.. (so far lol)

regarding going mudding, that's a personal preference, id rather get stuck in soft mud them see my truck three feet off the ground or doing a balancing act on a rock.. i dont have those type of mods yet... idk maybe ya'll dont go muddin over there on the west coast, idk, (yes, idk, dont get offended and blow up)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
took make everyone happy.. ill get BOTH (sliders and a f bumper) and to top it off ill get em at the same time :D (thats the plan anyways)

can someone direct in the way of a front bumper? i know yall make em dime a dozen over on the west coast, but id rather not pay more for shipping than a bumper ya know. should i just consult a local shop???

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
VERY PRETTY!

...Looks like you're off to a good start.

My advice - since you already have lift and tires - would be protection next (Sliders, Skids, and (if you have the $$$) Bumpers). The first time you rash your shit, you'll wish you had spent the money on armor instead of repairs ...and then armor!

Recovery gear is generally inexpensive, yet invaluable!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts