TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I just got my 89 Runner lifted at a local shop, I got a 4" susp. lift and 33" Mud Dawgs, 4.88 gears and it looks beastly as hell. Anyways there are a few issues I have noticed, at low speed say less than like 10 mph or so I notice a vibration from the rear end, but when I get up to speed it goes away. Now the I put it into 4WD in low or high it doesnt matter it make all kinds of clinking noises and and it makes a much more noticeable vibration and such. This is a 4WD specialty shop and I spent a good 3200 on everything, so im kinda dissapointed. I also wanted to ask about stability, good god I was going about 55 or so the other day and had to make a quick lane change and I bout went off the damn road. I mean dont get me wrong this thing never handled like a Porsche to begin with but damn...any help would be appreciated...Thanks...

Andy
Cornelius, NC

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
what type of Suspension components did you install on yer rig?

the vibration is prolly your rear drive line. 4" is a lot to angle the DL, you prolly need to shim it down some. and clicking... I wonder if they installed the gears correctly... Hmm...

with a lift, you will not be able to make a quick lane change without feeln' a little off... the higher center of gravity will make you feel uneasy for a while, but you'll get use to it! :p

I'd take it back to the shop and have them correct their issues. However, they will prolly not do it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts