·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a box full of parts and got to work

SAW 2.0
Alcan Leafs
Bils

The install went well and was fairly easy. I still have some odds and ends to clean up. The BPV bracket is temp, if you look close you will see that it is a Simpson Strong tie.

I also need to modify the pinch weld up front.

So far I am very happy with the proformance. the Alcans are a bit more stiff when empty than I expected, but they ride like a dream when i have a load. It has a slight forward rake when empty as well.

I had the daystar shackles on for about an hour, they pushed the ass end up way too high so those did not get used, this time around.

I have not had a chance to take it into the dirt yet, but that will come soon, very soon.

The wheels were a bit too much bling for me at first, but I have grown to like them.

Sorry for the lack of build up picts. I get too busy working on the truck and dont take enough time to snap some picts.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Prodigy said:
What make are those front struts?
Those are Sway a Way Coilovers (aka SAW's).

Looks good Mythica! How much lift in the rear? Looks like you got quite a bit out of those Alcans. Time to get those blingy coilovers dirty :lmao:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!

Those are 33x10.50's on 15x8 wheels. They slightly rub on the pinch and just barly tap the frame at full lock.

Empty, i got about 4 inches out of the back. A bit more than I wanted but hopefully they will settle a bit.

The front is set to 2.5"

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will be heading up to Eagle rock Sunday with a few friends, going to stretch this out a bit, see how it all works.

I know I am going to have to do something with my rear shocks, they are limiting down travel pretty bad. But I am not really into that /\ config. So we will see what comes up.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
they are cranked.

I cant get them up any more because that UCA is in the way.

They are just above 2.5", So i dont want to go any higher.

The back is just too tall when the box is empty. But they have already settled some since the install. I should be able to get them to settle some more after wheeling Sunday.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll let you know about the snow after Sunday.

I am sure there is still snow up there, but oh well.

The Alcans were 230ea plus tax and shipping. I think total was around 520.00 Shiped from GJ to the Springs.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Looks great Myth. Only way to go on a small lift IMHO. I wish I had the adjustability for mine since I have the 4cyl and std cab. I think mine is a little too high. It is like 15 inches under the skid plate with 33/10.5-15s. At least I can unlock the hubs with my angles.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks DD2.

We went up to Eagle rock on Sunday. There is still a quite a bit of snow on Eagle rock itself, but road 370d was open and it was a great time.

I was very pleased with the truck, it preformed well, other than the shocks limiting down travel, but I'm currently working on that.

Here is a video my buddy put together.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYurTeJGVtE

Ill get some snap shots up later, if I get some time.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks

Yeah just the SAWS upfront, alcans out back and tires.

I need armor badly. In hindsight I should have listened to more people on here that told me to get armor first. Because now it seems that I can get myself into some more precarious situations.

I thought for sure I was going to pucker my rockers yesterday.

The truck did handle well though :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts