TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tim and myself swapped in my new Marlin springs and put on the new 37" Trxus MTs. Here are some pics. Thanks again Tim for the help. Still some work to be done! :saw:

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
Looks good with the bigger tiars. You gonna shorten the front shackles or move the hanger forward for a better angle? Do some cutt'n and let's go play.

·
Premium Member
3,569 Posts
Looks good with the bigger tiars. You gonna shorten the front shackles or move the hanger forward for a better angle? Do some cutt'n and let's go play.
Might be a bit of both actually. Prolly going to move the hangers a bit forward and then add new shackles to get a better angle. The axle moved forward about 2" with the Marlins. I think he's planning on getting new shock hoops up front, especially since moving the axle forward added a bit more tension on the shocks! ;) Next up is some :saw: :D

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been meaning to replace the front shackles hangers for a while now. I guess now I have an excuse to do it. I'm still running 1" bushings in the hangers and those have needed to go away for a while.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My big question is, How long is it going to take so that these tires dont look new no more. :)
I still have a few things to do to it before it hits the trail again. Once it's done, maybe one week. LOL

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
I've been meaning to replace the front shackles hangers for a while now. I guess now I have an excuse to do it. I'm still running 1" bushings in the hangers and those have needed to go away for a while.
Marlin's tall hoops were $82 shipped, assembled and ready to weld on. New hangers should only take a morning to get changed out if you get them install ready.

I'd like some more trail time too. Upgrading shafts and joints should finish off the axles. Rears should arrive Monday or Tuesday and be on this week. Fronts are on order and should arrive next week. Let's get our junk back on the trails.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Someone come out here and run the Hammers with me. I want to go wheelin sooo bad...... All the SoCal TTORA guys are pussies here.
sorry to hear that man, come back to AZ !!!!!!!! I would like to go out there from what i hear.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
When you are ready for the shackle hanger relocation I am more than willing to help if you want to bring your truck over to my house. And, if you want to run the ford shock towers I can help you with that too. With the frame plating and the gussetts that I make for them, they are pretty much bomb proof.

Yogi

Oh yea... truck looks nice!

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hurry up and lets go run something!!!

looks good
I'm at the mercy of when other people can help me out now. I don't have a :welder: or a :flamethro
I need to :saw: up the fenders and part of my front bumper. That's not to big a deal, but my truck isn't going anywhere until I get new shock hoops done. With the axle moved that much more forward the current shock hoops are to far back. Also I have to do new shackle hangers. The ones on the truck now just plain suck. LOL I also need to add some bump stops front and rear.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SWEET!! No problemo Dan! Let me know when your ready to do some :saw: !!
If you are free this weekend I'm ready to :saw: :D.

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
Jethro Fab discussed your project and thinks it shouldn't take much more than a couple sixers of SmithWicks or 1554 or NewCastle or Fat Tire ....

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jethro Fab discussed your project and thinks it shouldn't take much more than a couple sixers of SmithWicks or 1554 or NewCastle or Fat Tire ....
:kewl: :xbeer2: :missingto :woot:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts