TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I sold the old 255's and stepped up to some 33x12.5x15 Maxxis Bighorn MT's. Also got a set of Wheelers 15x8 Type "B" black steelies. Just took them out in the snow today and they performed great. Not even aired down but such a wider footprint than the 255's it goes where it wants. The Maxxis have factory sippes, studd holes, and I also got them sipped.

Pics from Mt. Bachalor, and to reply again on the hard pack question we tested it out tonight and they did great. I had alot of traction, and good braking. Now at about 30-40mph it did do some really cool donuts across the parking lot at the ski slopes :scared:

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
VERY NICE!! Im pulling the trigger on a set of those in 35".. cant wait. Glad to hear they are good in the snow. Im moving to Northern ID in Jan and there will be plenty Im sure. Congrats on the new shoes:)

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dunk said:
VERY NICE!! Im pulling the trigger on a set of those in 35".. cant wait. Glad to hear they are good in the snow. Im moving to Northern ID in Jan and there will be plenty Im sure. Congrats on the new shoes:)
Northern ID, I'm the Seattle area we will have to meet up over that way one of these days and wheel it up. Yeah the Bighorns rock. I did alot with the 255's but the wider foot prints do have alot of +'s to them.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
OldSven said:
Northern ID, I'm the Seattle area we will have to meet up over that way one of these days and wheel it up. Yeah the Bighorns rock. I did alot with the 255's but the wider foot prints do have alot of +'s to them.

For sure man! IM gonna die if I dont wheel. Im partial to the wide foot print myself. I ran the 255 for over a year... but I went straight to a 35 from that. Ill be in Moscow.. Fell free to hit me up any time. [email protected]

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dunk said:
For sure man! IM gonna die if I dont wheel. Im partial to the wide foot print myself. I ran the 255 for over a year... but I went straight to a 35 from that. Ill be in Moscow.. Fell free to hit me up any time. [email protected]
We will have to hit up Spokane or if you head further west we could make a run out to the Moses Lake dunes.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
OldSven said:
We will have to hit up Spokane or if you head further west we could make a run out to the Moses Lake dunes.
Either way sounds good to me!! WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!!! I just ordered My 35" bighorns off ebay this morning... cant wait for new meats! I did a trail with some buddys and I might as well have had street tires on with as low as my MTRs are....LOL Looks Butt COLD up there in Moscow right now. I now know that Im asking for coat, pants, gloves etc.. for christmas..:)

·
Registered
66 Posts
The lights under the truck are a nice touch. I can see those being useful. I'm hoping they're not "bling"....LOL.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
blakjak said:
The lights under the truck are a nice touch. I can see those being useful. I'm hoping they're not "bling"....LOL.

They are rock lights for night wheeling. A LOT of guys who wheel regularly have them.;)

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
resolute said:
where did you get the black flat hubcaps?
If you are talking about mine, there are none. Just rims. The rock lights are awsome at night, I might put two more under the front bumper and under the rear. We just got back from Sunriver and out of 300+miles 90% was snow and hard pack. Only when I hit the thick slush in places did I have to throw it in 4hi, otherwise it was 2wheel the whole way. I must have been carrying about 50lbs of snow packed in the bumper and sliders on the way home. :D

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dunk said:
Either way sounds good to me!! WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!!! I just ordered My 35" bighorns off ebay this morning... cant wait for new meats! I did a trail with some buddys and I might as well have had street tires on with as low as my MTRs are....LOL Looks Butt COLD up there in Moscow right now. I now know that Im asking for coat, pants, gloves etc.. for christmas..:)
Nice, let me know how you like them. Are you moving to Moscow for work? There is snow from the pass up here all the way to Eastern WA right now.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
OldSven said:
Nice, let me know how you like them. Are you moving to Moscow for work? There is snow from the pass up here all the way to Eastern WA right now.
Im actually going back to pursue an MFA.. Ill be working too.. but mostly school:) Im thinking about a set of chains before leaving as well :rolleyes: .. I know how bad the snow gets..lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts