TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey,

My names Chris Kennedy..i live in allen, texas and im 19..20 in a couple months. I currently own a '97 Tacoma 4WD. Its got a 6" fabtech ifs lift on it with a 2" PA body lift, rolling 36" Bias tsl swampers with 15x8 black steelies, and Yukon 5.29's in the front and rear diffs. Love the truck, wouldnt take any amount of money for it in the world. I am currently trying to dispose of the tired 2.7l 3rz that i have under the hood and replace it with a 3.4l 5vz engine/tranny/tcase combo, but that is proving to be somewhat difficult at this point. When that is out of the way i am putting a rebuilt d60 sfa under the front and ditching the ifs and going with 37" tsl boggers :welder: . I know a lot about tacomas and a decent amount about every other toyota, i am a tech at toyota of plano in plano texas. Anyway, just thought id introduce myself; im looking foward to gaining some knowledge and insight from the veterans on this site and anyone else who wants to offer some.

thanks,

chris

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
Great to have you here and really great to have another Texan!
Welcome to TTORA!
Check out the Texas website for monthly events.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Who says you need a D60 to go 37"? Why not a D44? I was told that if you wanna go D60 in the front you would have to change the rear axle and run a miminum of a 40"

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
Muddin taco2131 said:
Who says you need a D60 to go 37"? Why not a D44? I was told that if you wanna go D60 in the front you would have to change the rear axle and run a miminum of a 40"
Maximum recommended tire size for a Dana 44 is 35" before the risk of breaking increases greatly.

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
Nice truck there! Love the mud!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Muddin taco2131 said:
i know my shhhtuff dude so its all good...i dont wanna have to modify the front of my truck to run a d44 anyway, the waggoneers and whatnot that they come off of are too narrow and im not runnin spacers. Allpro sells a fully built d60 hybrid built specifically for the front end of my truck (Tacoma) that can be interchanged with the rear diff, and its got some badass willwood calipers and rotors along with ford f-450 stuff so i think ima stick with that. As far as changing out my rearend to a minimum of a 40, id be willing to bet a years pay that the toyota 8/8.4 (depends on who you ask) is just as strong if not stronger than a 44. Thanks for the insight and lookin out though man.

-chris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
toyotacoma4wd
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing