TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone i'm John. Been a member but i have never posted, i usually just read around and expand my knowledge. This is an awesome sit! Im 17. I have a 1986 4runner. 5 spd rebuilt 22re with 180k miles. All stock besides stereo, extended rear shackles for sagging issues and new marlin rear bumper (not pictured)
Parts that still need to be put it are 4" procomp lift and 4:88. Then some 33's or 35's! Should be in by sunday!

·
Registered
3,391 Posts

a while ago before the marlin bumper and shackles
Some people might :flamethro you for getting offroad where there IS NO offroad trail.

We tend to 'tread lightly' around here. That means stay ON the trail. I don't see a trail there....Actually kinda looks like a wall was fabricated to the right of where your truck is....almost as if you are 'bypassing' the road block to someone's private property. I could be mistaken though.

Welcome anyways.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some people might :flamethro you for getting offroad where there IS NO offroad trail.

We tend to 'tread lightly' around here. That means stay ON the trail. I don't see a trail there....Actually kinda looks like a wall was fabricated to the right of where your truck is....almost as if you are 'bypassing' the road block to someone's private property. I could be mistaken though.

Welcome anyways.
Hey yea, i understand. However there is a trail its just not visible. I just wanted to go on the little drop off area which is right to the side of the actual trail. They are just these little trails that run off the sides of Franklin Canyon road in martinez if you know where that is. (cant really call them trails when i think about it)

·
Registered
491 Posts
Franklin Canyon

All of the areas on either side of the road are either private property, water shed or park land. All of the above get pissed off when they find tire tracks especially after a rain and the ground is soft. I live in Crockett so I know the area. There isn't much near by to wheel on that wont get you in to trouble. Check with Splyssr. He takes his kid out on a dirt bike off of 80 near red top and people wheel there. Its sort of semi-legal. He can tell you how to get there. Good luck. come on a run and really wheel. You'd love Moon rocks

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
All of the areas on either side of the road are either private property, water shed or park land. All of the above get pissed off when they find tire tracks especially after a rain and the ground is soft. I live in Crockett so I know the area. There isn't much near by to wheel on that wont get you in to trouble. Check with Splyssr. He takes his kid out on a dirt bike off of 80 near red top and people wheel there. Its sort of semi-legal. He can tell you how to get there. Good luck. come on a run and really wheel. You'd love Moon rocks
According to the sheriff that drives around there it's definetly illegal to be on the red top road spot.

I was put in cuffs and yelled at. When he finally checked my registration and found out my dad was a police officer he let me go.

It probably didn't help I was wheelin there around 2am with sum myspace beezy.

I still see people out there all the time ridin around.....but its basically a few hill climbs and I think there is a small rock garden.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey thanks for the info! I am excited to find this place! Do you wheel there also?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts