TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just signing in. My name is Blaine and I'm addicted to off-road...

I picked up my 2002 Ex-cab TRD Tacoma in December and I have lots of ideas for the truck and have been doing tons of research since I got it. Of all the Tacoma sites out there I've found TTORA to make me feel right at home! There is a lot of good information on this site!

I'm not new to wheeling but my fab skills and experience are pretty limited, hopefully I'll be spending some time under my truck soon starting with mild lift, bigger tires and armor. My Tacoma is my third Toyota 4x4, 11th vehicle and 6th 4x4. Not bad for 23 years of age ha ha. I've been into wheeling since my first vehicle (88 Suzuki Samurai) when I was 17.

So far my truck has an ARB front Bumper, Hella fog lights (wired the right way with a relay), the grey wire mod and a CB install coming as soon as I can get around to it. Tires are the next add on as soon as the paychecks start picking up. Winter is rough in my industry.

I'm a powersports technician (motorcycle, ATV, snowmobile, PWC, UTV, power equipment) in Lakewood, CO at RPM Motorsports and I also have 3 years of Auto Tech school under my belt. I do all my own work and am not scared to dive into any project. Especially when I can ride my 2006 Honda 919 (third motorcycle) to commute while the truck sits in the driveway!

I just posted up in the main TTORA forum as well. Nice to meet you guys! I hope to meet up with more guys and do some weekend wheeling as soon as I get some good tires!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! Anyone know the guy in golden with green or black Taco, ARB front, lift, square rear bumper 35s i think? I see the truck by the School of Mines on Washington street almost weekly. Nice truck! There's another silver Tacoma , topper, swing out tire carrier rear can't remember seeing the front. I've seen that in the same area too. My girlfriend lives in Golden and works at the Buff rose so I'm there all the time. I'll wave next time I see em :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Welcome Blaine! I am in Lakewood too, around Kipling and Jewell. My engine is apart at the moment for a new head gasket (1kz-te diesel) but hopefully it will be in wheeling mode here in a bit. Does your shop have the equipment to charge my Sway-A-Ways with nitrogen (~200psi)? PM me if you would

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Welcome.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Welcome
I am in littleton

1 - 9 of 9 Posts