TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok.. so i picked up a 2002 reg cab tacoma 2.7 with about 33k miles a week ago. Although I love my truck, I've been having some concerns about the way it steers and rides. I know its a light pick up, and should expect it to ride accodingly, i cant help but feel like there might be something wrong. It has black american racing wheels which although look cool, i believe might be giving me a rougher ride then the stock 15's. The tires are 265/75/16 and have some dry rot which will be replaced soon. The steering also seems to be very light, esspecially on the highway, so whenever i hit a pot hole, it pulls the truck. So my question is, do u guys think its the tires that might be causing this, or do i have bigger problems. Thanks all in advance

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
First and foremost, check the tire pressure..Try around 30 psi..You may also rotate the front tires to the back if the tire pressure isn't out of whack..Start with this and let us know..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the speedy response. The tires were all set to 30. anything else.. do the fact that the tires have dry rot have any effect?? and what would rotating fronts to rear do??

·
Registered
54 Posts
i'm sure its not the rims, b/c i have the same rims on my 98 taco with 33x12.50's and have no sort of problem, i believe you need new tires.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Jack up a front wheel and move it horizontally and vertically (with a crowbar or something) and see if there is any play in the rack, balljoints, etc. If not, then have it aligned when you put on the new tires. If there is a problem, the alignment will show it up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts