TTORA Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
well my buddy's truck wasnt ready for this weekend. next saturday is my bday so i wont be able to go wheelin but hopefully weekend after next. if u and ur buddies are ready to hit the trails dont wait on me man

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Oh man... what I wouldn;t give to go back to Big Bend. I was there for 10 days doing a river trip on the Rio Grande in 1994. One of the coolest things I have ever done. Though I now wonder how safe the park is in desolate ares due to the proximity to the border. (In 1994, is wasn't even a worry). Then again.. a gfood group of us with all of our fire power should be pretty safe.

And Elpasotaco, thank for helping out with the stickers! Hope to meet you some day!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Everyone interested in the big bend area..

I make a yearly trip (this upcoming year will be my 5th round) to Terlingua, TX to upkeep some land. I tend to do more exploring than crawling.. however, this will be the first year I bring my 85 4runner. A ton of drinking, improvements to our land, hiking, all around fun. I usually make my rounds through the national park as well as the state park.

If some people are interested, lets start an event thread and get a group going. I'm shooting to go in April 2012 (Don't know exact date yet). I usually leave Houston at 4AM, travel through San Antonio and follow the border through Del Rio/Sanderson/Marathon; I believe last year I arrived at camp at 5PM. Usually stay about 5 to 7 days.

The drive is very safe in the day time.. and even safer with more than one rig.

It's be awesome to get more people going..

21 - 23 of 23 Posts