TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Y'all, I just purchased a pair of TRD headers off of Ebay, A Toyota dealership had 18 brand new headers. I called them to confirm it was legit and purchased the headers. Later on someone on Tacomaworld pointed out on my post that these were for the 95-98 T100-and 98 Tacomas. I figured at first that the 5VZFE hasnt changed all that much if any but after further research the TRD headers for 95-98 have a different part number than the 99-04's. What type of problems will I run into during install? Will it only be after the Y-pipe?

Any info would greatly be appreciated! 0:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good Headers (For a Y-Pipe)

Hey Y'all, I just purchased a pair of TRD headers off of Ebay, A Toyota dealership had 18 brand new headers. I called them to confirm it was legit and purchased the headers. Later on someone on Tacomaworld pointed out on my post that these were for the 95-98 T100-and 98 Tacomas. I figured at first that the 5VZFE hasnt changed all that much if any but after further research the TRD headers for 95-98 have a different part number than the 99-04's. What type of problems will I run into during install? Will it only be after the Y-pipe?

Any info would greatly be appreciated! 0:)
I have a set of these on my 98 T100 SR5 4x4. I had mine ceramic coated but that of course isn't necessary. They are good headers, except for being cross-over pipe type. They are a PITA to install but not impossible. The left side goes between the firewall and engine - so it's tough to get tools on the donut bolt flange bolts - but not impossible.

I cut the OEM manifolds off where ever they are taking too much time to remove - saved lots of time.

Be careful to torque them up properly (not over tight) to the heads, and "work outward" from there - since they must be flat to the head ports, so they don't leak. I used the Permatex Copper sealer, along with the gaskets, and mine never leaked anywhere. If you get a bung welded in the collector, an AFR sensor can be added easily for AFR meter, (if you are a tuner). Anyway - they are great headers. I use an OEM-type configuration except for using a Magnaflow straight-thru cat in the front. DO NOT monkey with Toyota's pipe size too much if you are keeping the 5VZFE engine. It needs the backpressure to a degree for its low-end torque. I found out the hard way! That is why I run the setup I list above - it is dialed in.

My rig is supercharged and has a few other mods from URD to make it last. The trans has a VB mod in it as well for the same reason. But the engine isn't a racer - just holds its own.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts