TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm a new member in San Diego. I about to give up my Ford F250 SD and a Suzuki Sammy for a Tacoma Double Cab 4x4. Here is my thinking. Ford is use as my driver, home depot, bikes to the track stuff like that, Suzuki with offroad mods gets towed with a 30 class A Motorhome everywhere we go. Suzuki is small for us, wife and a 2 and 14 yr old. Also at 48 I would like alittle more comfort.
So I thought a Tacoma would be right to replace both the Suzuki and the Ford. I would like to here from anyone that flat tows a Tacoma. I kown and did some search and have read Yes and No on this but I know some are doing it. What kind of tow bar is used? Driveshaft Disconnect? Please Help me out hear. This is by far the best info site and look forward to learning all I can. Thanks Kelly

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
I must say, my father is given a 2007 D cab 2wd as a demo. I was in the car on a long trip a few months ago towing 6X10 enclosed trailer LOADED with shit. It was hooked up to the truck overnight. I took a picture, because i was so impressed with it. The suspension didnt even squat IN THE LEAST. If i showded you just the picture of the truck and didnt show you the trailer, you would have had no idea something was attached.

It towed like a dream, although in a few placed it did seem like it was asking for one higher gear. You wouldnt even have known the trailer was there!

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
you seem like the perfect family for a new bodystyle tundra...:D

·
always a Toyota lover at heart
1,114 Posts
don't give up your SD jk
I bought a used Powerstroke SD and love it!!
is yours a gasser or diesel?
Tacomas are great and very reliable!
great choice!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts