TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got home to california safely...went through moab, bryce canyon, zion nat. park, and las vegas. day after i got home started workin on the truck...so far this is what I have done:

1.) mounted 3 hella 500's with 130W bulbs (not as easy as I thought it would be)

2.)mounted sway-bar relocators (easier than I thought would be) no more squeek! yey..and smoother ride!

3.)made 2 bed bars that move back and forth (pics coming soon)
4.)changed out the old fog lamps with some super bright hella's (you can see them in the first pic)
5.)trimmed some of the wheel well (no more rubbing!)

lots coming soon!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Ok now when you get back you have to show me the bed bars.... And when are you getting a new bumper, because I will buy that one. come you know you want to change it up. :D

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys! I'll have pics posted up soon...and sorry mike the bumper is stayin on! haha

painting the wheels black today

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

and the final product:

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Just a little hint. Not to tell a guy his business. But I used to paint wheels on the floor like that to. Then an old guy showed me to paint the wheels on the truck while they're spinning. Just put the truck on jackstands like you had it, put it in 4lo, and spray. If you're unlocked you might have to spin the other wheels. Sooo much easier though.
Your truck looks excellent by the way.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the compliments guys...and matt that box held picture frame molding my dad is a custom picture framer

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Just a little hint. Not to tell a guy his business. But I used to paint wheels on the floor like that to. Then an old guy showed me to paint the wheels on the truck while they're spinning. Just put the truck on jackstands like you had it, put it in 4lo, and spray. If you're unlocked you might have to spin the other wheels. Sooo much easier though.
Your truck looks excellent by the way.
What happens when you get spray paint all over your rotors?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Would like to do this to my wheels, what's the best primer and paint to use? Don't want paint just coming off
i used rustoleom primer and then 2 coats (3 cans) of rustoleum semi-gloss black

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Would like to do this to my wheels, what's the best primer and paint to use? Don't want paint just coming off
anything will work, paint work is about the prep more than the paint

scuff the surface with red scotch brite, clean with soap/water, id personally use dupont self etching primer, then whatever paint you want.

Trucks looking good :) I still need to find the extra cash to buy me a set of those wheels

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yep now we both have em

1 - 20 of 44 Posts