TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been beating the hell out of my 20 year old bolt together home depot 4x8 utillity trailer and is been due for a rebuild for quite some time. Here is what it looked like -

Here is the finished product - I reused the tongue, leafs, leaf spring mounts, axle assembly and wheels.

Thanks to Chandler for helping me out with building this - but he really had too after jack knifing the old one. :D

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
LOOKS GOOD BOB

id make the front tire chalk a little taller, only due to how bouncy trailers get with not much weight on them, and only one bike mount? im usually dragging 3 bikes, and gear for 3 riders in back of the truck.

nobody like you?:D

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks -
It's a 3 bike trailer Rick - the bike loaded on each side have holes for the front wheels to drop into.
How the hell could you have a bike using tiedowns jump over that chalk - comon buddy...:rolleyes:

LOOKS GOOD BOB

id make the front tire chalk a little taller, only due to how bouncy trailers get with not much weight on them, and only one bike mount? im usually dragging 3 bikes, and gear for 3 riders in back of the truck.

nobody like you?:D

·
Good For You
3,442 Posts
Pretty nice Bob :kewl:.

I like the drop in wheel slots. Why not do one for the middle too? Is there a tie down for the rear tire, or does it not need one?

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks
Front chalk is off the front of the 4x8 deck. The center bike needs to be staggered from the other 2 for clearance. I wanted to keep the trailer 4x8 surface flat to be able to haul anything that is 4x8.
Nice thing about expanded you can wrap a bungie anywhere you want.

Pretty nice Bob :kewl:.

I like the drop in wheel slots. Why not do one for the middle too? Is there a tie down for the rear tire, or does it not need one?

·
Registered
546 Posts
been beating the hell out of my 20 year old bolt together home depot 4x8 utillity trailer and is been due for a rebuild for quite some time. Here is what it looked like -

Here is the finished product - I reused the tongue, leafs, leaf spring mounts, axle assembly and wheels.

Thanks to Chandler for helping me out with building this - but he really had too after jack knifing the old one. :D
WOW, looks like a whole new trailer!!!

K-ton

·
Registered
5,094 Posts

Nothing to add, just wanted to repost pics, in case anybody missed them

·
Registered
415 Posts
im usually dragging 3 bikes, and gear for 3 riders in back of the truck.
:D

I'm usually dragging 5 or 6 bikes and gear around

Its a mobile party barge trailer ... complete with a bench to sit on while you change and it now has a 5gal water holder on back

·
Registered
476 Posts
I'm digging the trailer.. nice.. but I'm also digging the tow rig.. I'm going to *hopefully* get something like it early next year.

AzHobbes

1 - 20 of 20 Posts