TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing a solid axel swap on my 2000 TRD and have no Idea ho to do the steering. I have the box out of an 87 and the frame braces/ mount from front rang offroad. But don't know what I have to do for the linkage. Pics and instructions would be great. I did a search and found some stuff but no real instructions. I saw that people were using borgusun linkage but I couldn't find the part #'s and what I have to do to the firewall. PLEASE HELP.

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
builttaco said:
I am doing a solid axel swap on my 2000 TRD and have no Idea ho to do the steering. I have the box out of an 87 and the frame braces/ mount from front rang offroad. But don't know what I have to do for the linkage. Pics and instructions would be great. I did a search and found some stuff but no real instructions. I saw that people were using borgusun linkage but I couldn't find the part #'s and what I have to do to the firewall. PLEASE HELP.
The cheapest way to do it is to turn the CV joint into a single u-joint, that way it can shoot straight through the firewall instead of straight down. Then you take the short steering shaft off the steering rack and make it longer. Some people (including myself) simply used the Trailmaster steering extension which happens to be really close to the correct length.

Or you could get a nice custom shaft made up!

Later,
....Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts