TTORA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw this on Rock Junkies web site.

"Tony received a call from a guy down near Trinidad who is opening a “New” off road park (how many have we seen come and go???). He is trying to hold a Jamboree to help raise money for the Toys for Tots program in Trinidad. The entry fee is $15.00, and he has mild to wild trails. His number is 719-859-2285 , the date is October 15.

I'll call and get some more deatails, and I may go check it out on the 15th. Anyone else?"

·
Registered
434 Posts
Where at? I guess I should assume near Trinidad...

Sex change capital of the world. Go wheelin' and get some surgery done.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
This would be cool to go to.

What's the previous history for parks in CO? It seems like there would be more in the area.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Trinidad... ugh. If the Army has any say, the land will be annexed to enlarge the wasteland that is Pinon Canyon Maneuver Site.

I don't know where it's going to be in relation to PCMS, it's just a thought. Wouldn't an ideal location be IN the mountains instead of on the plains?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
This would be cool to go to.

What's the previous history for parks in CO? It seems like there would be more in the area.
Not many parks in CO. Most of the time, wheelers are headed to the mtns. over some park. RAM in CO springs, CORE east of Denver, and a nice park down in Raton (NM but close enough to CO). I'm not sure of anything west near GJ.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Wouldn't an ideal location be IN the mountains instead of on the plains?
Penrose is in the plains and it's pretty kick ass rock crawling! You don't have to be in the mtns, just need some big rocks!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Penrose is in the plains and it's pretty kick ass rock crawling! You don't have to be in the mtns, just need some big rocks!
RAM offroad park too.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
There's Rangely northwest by Rifle/Meeker and all that... a helluva haul from the front range though.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Anybody end up going? Just curious to see if a park exists down in that location.

I plan on checking out Robilio's Off-Road Park down in Raton, NM next month. Should be a kickass time down there!

·
7,735 Posts
I just ran across your post about Robillo's over on pirate. That looks like some good trail. I've never thought much about the offroad parks, but those pix make me want to check it out.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I just ran across your post about Robillo's over on pirate. That looks like some good trail. I've never thought much about the offroad parks, but those pix make me want to check it out.
I've never thought much about offroad parks either. Raton is an easy drive for me and it looks like some tough terrain. Plus it's open during the winter and it's something different than Penrose :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts