TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I just bought a 94 4x4 v6 with fairly high miles but got it for a good price. Will be using it mostly to haul my dirtbike around or take camping but may venture into some less accessable areas, like the road up to crestone needles in the sangre de cristos, which is typically too rough for my dad's truck.

Seems like a great forum so i will be reading up a lot.

thanks,

Andy.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Welcome. I did that trail in my stock 88 p/u and only had one real area that was tricky. I don't know when you went up there last, but since I went up (6 or 8 years ago) they have significantly leveled that road out. I think (judging by pictures, not always a good idea) you could probably take a Subaru up there now. This is assuming you mean the south colony lakes road of course. Anyway, have fun, the needle is a great hike.

http://www.summitpost.org/album/329587/South-Colony-Lakes-Road-Improvements.html

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for the welcome. That is amazing, i had no idea about the South Colony Lakes road being improved. I probably hadn't been up there in 10 years and it was pretty rough back then. At that point I had heard they stopped mantaining the road all together. Very interesting.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Not sure if it's in the link I provided (I don't think so) but they are talking about closing it this year as well for some kind of maintenance. It might have gotten postponed, but I'd recommend calling the local FS office before you decide to go up there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts