TTORA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a used 3rd for my non-TRD Taco axle and it came without a flange on it :xcrybaby: but did have the nut.
So I'm picking up a flange and I guess a new pinion seal for it. Is there any kind of dust cover that's supposed to be on there too?
Do these things use crush sleeves or anything like that which will need to be replaced to? Anyone have a manual that lists the steps and torque value's handy?

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,584 Posts
FNG said:
Bought a used 3rd for my non-TRD Taco axle and it came without a flange on it :xcrybaby: but did have the nut.
So I'm picking up a flange and I guess a new pinion seal for it. Is there any kind of dust cover that's supposed to be on there too?
Do these things use crush sleeves or anything like that which will need to be replaced to? Anyone have a manual that lists the steps and torque value's handy?
The flange has a dirt/dust cover incorporated into it. There is no separate dust cover.
The pinion does use a crush sleeve, which will need to be replaced if the pinion gear was removed. If you are just replacing the flange, be sure to torque to spec and you can use the same crush sleeve. DO NOT overtorque or you WILL have to replace that crush sleeve.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts