TTORA Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Got a call from the machine shop today. Motor is done. $51 to cover the bearings. Hopefully I will be able to pick it up tomorrow and get it back in this weekend.

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Spent all day working on the motor today. Got it in and running. Ended up finding out that the o-ring on the oil pump is leaking, so I'm going to have to pull it apart again. Everything actually went pretty smooth.

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Got the oil leak fixed. I pinched the o-ring when I put the oil pump on this time around. Good thing I have tons of leftover gaskets and such from doing this so many times.

I adjusted the valves today to what the FSM says, 8 and 10, but they are still loud as hell. I wonder if this is just the way the engnbldr 261c cam is. I was reading through other posts on other forums and some say to tighten the gap to 6 and 8. Any thoughts on this?

On a side, sad, note. The AC stopped working. Guess I'm going to have to take it somewhere to get converted over to r134a.

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Well... I got the A/C fixed. And adjusted the valves 4 or 5 times. Still kept hearing a tick. After many nights of investigation, I think my dad and I have narrowed it down to the #4 intake valve. I think when the bearings went, that piston may have hit the valve.
So I get to pull the motor apart again.:mad:
I so wish I would have just bought a motor instead of trying to fix this one.

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
On the plus side, you're a pro at this by now!
The sad part is that I can pull the motor and strip it down to a short block in under 2 hours by myself. And can put it back together and in the truck in under 4. I'd rather it run and not know anything. :D

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Well pulled the motor yet again to try to find the damn ticking. Think we may have found it. This is the wrist pin bushing from the #1 connecting rod.

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
All back together, again... Still ticks. :mad:

41 - 50 of 50 Posts