TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i got these in the mail a while back and just now got around to playing with them (give me a break it's snowing out!)

anyways, they look cool and all but the more i played with them the more i noticed play in the hinge... basicly the part i hold in my hand attaches to the door and the other to the body.

so i looked closer and found the bushings in the part that attached to the body, but none for the parts that go to the doors (i have two sets one for real doors and the others for my tube doors.)

So what do you guys think? i know several sets were sold, who got them and have you put them on yet? like them? the only thing i can come up with is that the weight of the factory doors will make it ride on the hinge and not rattle/wiggle at all, but i dont know and i don't want to go through the work to put them on, ajust them and then they have to much play or something. so what does everyone think?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
adam at 4xinnovations... great guy to deal with, i also bought my tube doors from him which are the nices looking and rattle free ones i have ever seen. which is why i have faith in these, but i wanted to see what the thoughts on these were and if anyone got them on yet...

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
here are a few pics of the tube doors... i love them, which is why i want to run the quick releases...

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
swank501 said:
Go get some bushings from the auto parts store. GM used that style for years. I'm sure they have one that will fit that shaft
hmm... didn't think of that, maybe tomorrow i'll go have a look. i'll use any excuse to play in the part stores!

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
i was wondering the same thing when they came out. they look like they would have play just in the pictures. im curious as to how well they work. also do you have to make a quick disconnect for the wiring harness from the door to the cab?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nope, you would swear that toyota designed the doors to be removed. behind the kick panel on each side there is a plug the you undo and all the wireing for door is instanly disconnected. pretty nice!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Texan1983 said:
nope, you would swear that toyota designed the doors to be removed. behind the kick panel on each side there is a plug the you undo and all the wireing for door is instanly disconnected. pretty nice!

Makes it easier for installing doors on a cab in the factory.

Any word from adam about this? have you contacted him?

Adam, when are you getting some more in stock?

And on the doors, do you have the ones with the kickout or not? Close-ups?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no i haven't talked to adam yet, going to shoot him an e-mail today, i just wanted to see if i was missing something or if anyone else had put them on yet to see how they worked. the more i play with them i think that the tiny bit of play is to help get the pin in there when putting your door back on, and with the weight of the door you would never notice the play?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just sent him an e-mail, still was wanting other peoples opinion on it...

by the way on your earlier post, these doors are the flat kind, and sorry no close ups with them on the truck. i can get pics of the doors them selves if you want.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well got an e-mail back today saying this...

Matt,

There are not supposed to be bushings in the door sides. There may be a little bit of play between the pin, but not a lot. The holes are very slightly larger than the pin to allow it to be removable. If you install them and feel there is excessive play in the door let me know and I’ll take a look at your set. There were no issues when they were mounted on test vehicles, but manufacturing errors do occur.

Thank you,

Adam

4xInnovations.com

1-608-348-2806

talk about fast reply. so i guess i throw them on and see how they work!

by the way adam is a great guy to work with, highly recommended! great prices on his stuff too.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Um guess it's about time I saw this thread, LOL. I've been playing catch up after a week gone and setting up some new shop "toys"...

As you guys saw in the email there, the hinges have to have some play in order for the pins to be removable. The first few sets I made (actually the old crappy ones still pictured on my website as of 2-3-07, I should probably change that hu) had tight fitting pins that would come out when you had them off of the truck, but as soon as you put any kind of weight or twist on them (IE a truck door) they couldn't even be budged. The hole is only 1/32 over size, so once there is weight you won't notice it.

In answer to when more will be available, middle of the month, or hopefully sooner.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts