TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With some major help of some local guys, we built a new rear bumper and cut the bed sides on my old truck. I love the look, and especially love all of the clearence I've gained! Should help my departure angle a lot. Anyway, just wanted to see what you guys think. I think I've got the bug :saw: .... No turning back now!

Also still need to add these little guys, They should be easy enough to add later though.

Mike

·
Registered
183 Posts
That looks sweet!!! I like how high the sides of the bumper go up.

Mark

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mojavehanna said:
Man that is one bad ass bumper, I wish I could make one like that!

I can give you the name of a really good fabricator, but his rates are high, and its hard for him to pencil you in. He's a busy guy!

Mike

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
MandAtaco said:
I can give you the name of a really good fabricator, but his rates are high, and its hard for him to pencil you in. He's a busy guy!

Mike
Yah, I'll just go to Woolworth's... I heard theyre better anyway ;)

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:doh:

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Thats really clean and well done. Could you PM me on ballpark price on that bumper.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Yah, I'll just go to Woolworth's... I heard theyre better anyway ;)
I dont know about them. Ive been in there a few times and they are cool guys but want a lot for a little.

Ted Wiens offroad shop off Las Vegas and Oakey has been fabricating all kinds of stuff for me at a good price.

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
2019 4RUNNER TRD Off-Road
9,051 Posts
Nice work there!
How about a shot of the soft white underbelly! :)

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats really clean and well done. Could you PM me on ballpark price on that bumper.

Its hard to set a price on it, it was done with some steel that we had laying around, and some stuff I bought. I really don't know what it would cost to have something like this built, probablly alot if you want it done right.

Woolworth is OK, I've seen some nice stuff come out of there shop. I've never heard of Ted Weins off-road? I'm assuming they are local, have you been pretty happy with them?

Thanks for all the compliments, its deff a clean looking bumper IMO. I definetly couldn't have done it without the help of some local members here, thats where the expertees lie's. I'll get a pic of the underside here in a few for ya.

Mike

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks good Mike.... Rubi. here he comes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You know it man! Got my timing belt and stuff changed out Friday, so were gettin closer to being ready!

Mike

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
You know it man! Got my timing belt and stuff changed out Friday, so were gettin closer to being ready!

Mike
You go boyyyyyyyyy... I'm still needing to finish the B-lift, sliders, gears, and maybe rims and tires?? $$??

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Looks good, Mike. What did you with your old bumper?

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Woolworth is OK, I've seen some nice stuff come out of there shop. I've never heard of Ted Weins off-road? I'm assuming they are local, have you been pretty happy with them?

Mike
Ive been really happy. they did my bumper,lights,battery box and next week skidplates.
Ted Wiens tires sound familiar?? This is their offroad shop. All the regular shops just do normal work. These guys do lots of custom fab. Mostly jeeps but Im working on them.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Its not fair of me to say that Woolworth sucks really, the quality of work done is in direct relation to the amount of time one has and the quality of ones tools. To do good work it takes up ample amounts of time and requires lots of expensive tools. Couple this with the high price of steel and other necessary supplies like sanding discs, cut-off discs, gas, electricity, etc. and it becomes rather obvious that a nice piece is going to cost a fair amount of money. Therefore, you either need to work for free on your buddies stuff or charge lots of money to cover your overhead, no two ways about it. Woolworth has to make money to cover their overhead and therfore has to either charge obscene amounts of money that 98% of the flatbillers are not willing to pay, or crank out marginal quality work as fast as possible regardless of fit and finish.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Ive been really happy. they did my bumper,lights,battery box and next week skidplates.
Ted Wiens tires sound familiar?? This is their offroad shop. All the regular shops just do normal work. These guys do lots of custom fab. Mostly jeeps but Im working on them.
Check out CBI offroad, good work at fair prices and great service. Its not custom one off stuff, but its very good for the money and Steve is a super nice guy.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts