TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gettin ready to order all the lift components for my 98 Taco V6 xtacab 4x4. In the front im going with OME 882 and bilstein 5100 shocks (from toytec). I have been looking to replace my rear leafs, as they are sagging pretty low and have found a bunch of diiferent options such as Deaver Racing leaf pack, Alcan leafs and procomp leafs. Deaver and Alcon seem to be too expensive for me, so what rear leaf springs should i go with to match the 3 inches of lift in the front so i will have little to no rake?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Npreditor said:
Gettin ready to order all the lift components for my 98 Taco V6 xtacab 4x4. In the front im going with OME 882 and bilstein 5100 shocks (from toytec). I have been looking to replace my rear leafs, as they are sagging pretty low and have found a bunch of diiferent options such as Deaver Racing leaf pack, Alcan leafs and procomp leafs. Deaver and Alcon seem to be too expensive for me, so what rear leaf springs should i go with to match the 3 inches of lift in the front so i will have little to no rake?
Ask Doug @ Toytec about the OME Dakar leafs. He doesn't show them on his website, but he told me he can get them....

·
Registered
551 Posts
to tell you the truth you are going to be pretty hard pressed to find a decent set of leafs that are going to be significantly cheaper than the Deaver and Alcans. If you can, save a little bit longer and get the Alcans or Deavers. To get the 3" inches you will have to special order either of them. If that is just really not an option, then I would combine an AAL and shackle lift. That will be the cheapest route. You are going to want a quality ride in the rear to match your OME/Bilstein setup in front. Do it right the first time. You can special order from Alcan and you will get everything you need to install for around $450-500 depending on shipping.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Portman said:
to tell you the truth you are going to be pretty hard pressed to find a decent set of leafs that are going to be significantly cheaper than the Deaver and Alcans. You can special order from Alcan and you will get everything you need to install for around $450-500 depending on shipping.
OME Dakars are $319 on Wheelers....
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/ometaco.htm

·
Registered
551 Posts
but if he is looking for the full 3" of lift, the OME's might start out at 3" but most people who run them here report they settle down to 2.5" or so. I suppose he could always mate them with longer shackles though if they did settle too much.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Portman said:
but if he is looking for the full 3" of lift, the OME's might start out at 3" but most people who run them here report they settle down to 2.5" or so. I suppose he could always mate them with longer shackles though if they did settle too much.
Sorry, I forgot they were only 2.25 - 2.5 inches of lift.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Portman said:
Thats why I just orderd a HD 3" rear leaf setup from Northwest offroad. I know people have had bad experiences with them, but chris has been running his with alotta load and they dont sag out. ;)

·
Registered
444 Posts
i think all-pro has a 3" spring pack too. downey makes a 2.5" (or there abouts) pack. i have not used either of the two (yet) so i can't comment on performance. both pretty reasonably priced.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Portman said:
to tell you the truth you are going to be pretty hard pressed to find a decent set of leafs that are going to be significantly cheaper than the Deaver and Alcans. If you can, save a little bit longer and get the Alcans or Deavers. To get the 3" inches you will have to special order either of them. If that is just really not an option, then I would combine an AAL and shackle lift. That will be the cheapest route. You are going to want a quality ride in the rear to match your OME/Bilstein setup in front. Do it right the first time. You can special order from Alcan and you will get everything you need to install for around $450-500 depending on shipping.
X2.... I couldn't have said it better myself. Do it right the first time.

·
Registered
39 Posts
X3..... When I first started I put on a coil spacer and AAL. The setup has a very harsh ride. Now I'm in the process of change it all to a better leaf pack and lift springs.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I've heard that rebuilding your stock spring pack rides better than stock. I just ordered my DR COs and Bil. 5150s for the rear and am rebuilding my rear springs to see how hey ride. If they ride better than stock i'll keep em, if not i'll ditch them. And these spare leaf packs can be had off members here who have upgraded to other packs for free. You really can't lose by trying.

·
Registered
116 Posts
PuckerFactor said:
Thats why I just orderd a HD 3" rear leaf setup from Northwest offroad. I know people have had bad experiences with them, but chris has been running his with alotta load and they dont sag out. ;)

Oh no!!! Be prepared for 4-5" of rear end lift. And you're right, they DON'T sag! I just took these off my truck and had to get a lawyer involved to get a refund on them. Cancel your order while there's still time and either go with just the HD's (which lift 3") or Deavers. Just my :2cents:

Rob

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
mixedgasdiver said:
Oh no!!! Be prepared for 4-5" of rear end lift. And you're right, they DON'T sag! I just took these off my truck and had to get a lawyer involved to get a refund on them. Cancel your order while there's still time and either go with just the HD's (which lift 3") or Deavers. Just my :2cents:

Rob
Dude that sucks....I ordered the hd's. I meant they give you 3"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
10 Participants
NorCalTaco
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing