TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I have a stock 2003 Tacoma TRD Step Side and I'm in the market for new tires and possably an upsize. Right now I have BFGoodrich A/T 265/75R16's and I'm thinkin about gettin BFGoodrich M/T's. Ideally I'd like a nice set of 32's but they only come in 33's (285/75R16). Should I go with tires that big on a stock truck or should I look elsewhere for a different tire in a smaller size?? I need new Rubber very soon!

·
TTORA SoCal
1,976 Posts
33's won't work very well without a lift of some kind. You will be rubbing all over in the front well. If you want MT's, look at another brand and stick with the 32's. Just know that the 32 MT will still be a bit bigger than the 32 AT, even though the sizes are technically the same. Also, the Mt's will last about half the time your AT's did.

·
TTORA SoCal
1,976 Posts
I liked the Firestone Destination MT's when I had them. I hammered them on trails, and they held up fairly well. It seems as if you don't wheel very hard, so it would be a nice MT if you wanted. They come in 265/75 also.

Otherwise I would just stick with the BFG AT's. Those are the sure bet, and they don't look half bad either.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
x2 rubberpants. Also, MT's get louder as they get older.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts