Inchworm crawler
crossmember from ???
Warn premium hubs--PORC
Diff cover
36" or 37" MTR's on 15x8 black steelies
4.88's front and rear --Motive gear--??
ARB front locker--PORC
T-100 Oil pan parts from TRDparts4u

What am I forgetting........................................ ......, thoughts, ideas, wisdom?????

thanks,

--Scott
3" BL DR coilovers
33x12.50 MTR's

·
Wheeler Wannabe
1,306 Posts
Sweet...going the 3-link route I see. I didn't think they had their kit working with anything but their HPD44 yet? Are you making your own custom driveshaft or having one made? Don't forget misc stuff that will nickle and dime you..bolts, grinding discs, fluids, etc. Why motive gear? I thought I read a while back people were having problems with them. Yukon or Precision always get the thumbs up. What are you doing with your steering shaft? Custom or making your own?

What's the planned timeframe for the cutting?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Toyo4x4 said:
Sweet...going the 3-link route I see. I didn't think they had their kit working with anything but their HPD44 yet? Are you making your own custom driveshaft or having one made? Don't forget misc stuff that will nickle and dime you..bolts, grinding discs, fluids, etc. Why motive gear? I thought I read a while back people were having problems with them. Yukon or Precision always get the thumbs up. What are you doing with your steering shaft? Custom or making your own?

What's the planned timeframe for the cutting?
I'm hoping they get the shit figured out for the waggy axle real soon. I'll call tomorrow and see if I can get some better answers.

I forgot about a front shaft, have to add that to the list, forgot about the steering shaft, actually I thought it came with all pro's kit, I see now it doesn't....son of a...... :mad:
I only picked Motive this time because someone said that someone said that someone's brother had talked to a guy who knows, and he said of the three Motive were strongest...I sure as feck don't know. :confused:

As for when the cutting begins, it depends on whether or not I can even use this allpro coil kit, and then if it's gonna work with this axle, but when I get that minor little detail worked out........I order everything this week, and when I have EVERYTHING, I cut.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They said it won't be done for a couple of months.........great, now what do I do? :confused:

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I'm gonna run some Trail Gear 3 inch springs and some of their hangers. Won't be more than $350 or so. You may want to try something like that that is cheap and you can sell later and probably get $200 back. The 3 inchers have a higher spring rate so they should work, or use some stock junkyard waggy's.

Run a square driveshaft until All-pro gets their shit together and then go with what they have, sell the springs and re-use the d-shaft or get a bling one then.

Set the steering box as far forward(up into the body mount/core support) so you don't have to move it again if the all-pro setup moves the axle forward more.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ordered it. When I talked to Jerry, he said a couple of months....then I talked to Sarah, who told me that the 44 truss is developed, and they're just waiting for it to come back so they can test it. She also used the words, "a few weeks".

So everything is ordered.... just about....and every single piece is in stock and ready to ship, soooooo, now I wait. :xrocker:
I went with the 5.1's in the crawler instead of the 4.7's, since there was a wait on the 4.7's.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's no fun wheelin a fallin apart IFS tacoma with a body lift. Once in a while it OK, but it sucks, and I was sick of it, so here goes nothin'. :D

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update: parts are rollin in left and right....the UPS guy hates me.

Got my PMP knuckles, steering arms, Warn locking hubs, Yukon gears, install kits, carrier, ARB locker, Yukon axles, spicer u-joints, T-100 parts, some other PMP steering parts, and my inchworm crawler is on it's way...should be here monday or tuesday. All-pro hasn't shipped out my crap yet. :mad:

--Scott

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All pro stuff ships Monday or Tuesday, just waitin on the steering shaft and it's on the way. :thumbs: :headbang:

·
Wheeler Wannabe
1,306 Posts
Fishbone said:
All pro stuff ships Monday or Tuesday, just waitin on the steering shaft and it's on the way. :thumbs: :headbang:
Lucky bastid! Did you hear any word on the link mounting on standard D44 housings? Or are you just going to make your own bracket? I think we're a go for those coilovers, just let me know when you take them off...and hurry up! jk... :D

But seriously...

·
PA VP
987 Posts
Fishbone said:
Update: parts are rollin in left and right....the UPS guy hates me.

Got my PMP knuckles, steering arms, Warn locking hubs, Yukon gears, install kits, carrier, ARB locker, Yukon axles, spicer u-joints, T-100 parts, some other PMP steering parts, and my inchworm crawler is on it's way...should be here monday or tuesday. All-pro hasn't shipped out my crap yet. :mad:

--Scott
am i still building your axle?? if so when do you plan to bring it to me?? i love the ups guy AKA the brown santa clause he always brings me cool shit....lol
give me a call about the axle
call all pro and tell theem to stop screwin around you have a DEADLINE!!!! there is nothing i hate more that spending big money somewhere and to be put on the back burner

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Toyo4x4 said:
Lucky bastid! Did you hear any word on the link mounting on standard D44 housings? Or are you just going to make your own bracket? I think we're a go for those coilovers, just let me know when you take them off...and hurry up! jk... :D

But seriously...

All pro says a couple of weeks, which it's almost a couple since they told me that, but I think by the time I need it, they'll have somethin for me. If not, Mark assures me we can make it happen.

And the coilovers are yours, as soon as I get home from camping, which will be July 7th. sound good ?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Toyo4x4 said:
Oh and btw, the whole motive gear thing...I'm an idiot...I was getting that mixed up with genuine gears which tend to suck.
Who knows what the real gear story is....one person says this... another says the opposite.....
Well, Bear (main board) had a problem with Yukon gears, and he got some info that they were made from a softer metal, or someshit. I went with the Yukons anyway, if I break them, then I'll go with somethin else. If I listened to what everyone said, there'd be nothing left to buy!!

--Scott

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
86 toy said:
am i still building your axle?? if so when do you plan to bring it to me?? i love the ups guy AKA the brown santa clause he always brings me cool shit....lol
give me a call about the axle
call all pro and tell theem to stop screwin around you have a DEADLINE!!!! there is nothing i hate more that spending big money somewhere and to be put on the back burner

I nned you to do the gears and chit....I'll give youa call sometime this weekend.

--Scott

1 - 20 of 150 Posts