TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Random Dude
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thanks to everyone for making this club a great place to be.

Thanks to everyone that donated. We're live on our new hardware. How's she feel?

·
Random Dude
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Think the new servers are faster? I think so too. See the attached picture which shows the -huge- decrease in latency between old and new.

Note that the spike represents the few minutes when the forum went down during the switch.

Attachments

·
Registered
741 Posts
BigBadBob0 said:
Think the new servers are faster? I think so too. See the attached picture which shows the -huge- decrease in latency between old and new.

Note that the spike represents the few minutes when the forum went down during the switch.
nice, i don't know much about this stuff, but you sound excited so it must be good, :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
yea its so fast now, great job!!!!!

·
Random Dude
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bb609 said:
:welder: When will the Tech section come back up? :welder:
I worked with Paul Yelk on that a few weeks ago, however, lately I've had to ignore efforts around that due to lack of free time.

Paul has been working on bringing the FAQ up to date. There are a few things I need to provide him with on the server before we can go live with it. But it will be back "soon."

·
Registered
612 Posts
I don't understand...was this board ever slow? It always seemed fine to me (?)

·
Random Dude
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There were a variety of problems with the old machines. The speed wasn't much of an issue except at peak times. The added oomph we have now is frosting on the cake as far as I'm concerned. But for kicks, see how fast search is :)

·
Stinks like fish
986 Posts

·
wut?
1,466 Posts
BigBadBob0 said:

Thanks to everyone that donated. We're live on our new hardware. How's she feel?

Nice job on the migration

·
The Road Less Traveled
88 Posts
BigBadBob0 said:

Glad to help and thank you for all the time a effort you put into this site.

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
97TacoDude said:
I don't understand...was this board ever slow? It always seemed fine to me (?)
There were many outages, some lasting 45 minutes to an hour. There were also frequent times where it was taking between 2 and 10 seconds to serve up pages. Not saying that there will never be outages with the new provider (InReach Internet in Oakland), but I have noticed quite a speed difference!

I think it's great that we could get everyone to come together and donate a few bucks to buy some nice hardware. In case you guys didn't know, there's no more depending on third parties to manage our hardware or anything else. The hardware and everything running on it is now owned and maintainted by TTORA.

Later,
....Mike

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

·
Registered
37 Posts
bb609 said:
:welder: When will the Tech section come back up? :welder:
Been working behind the scenes to get the pages reformatted and redesigned.
Also, we are moving the former separate TTORA Tech Archive articles (the 'How To' articles) back into the FAQ.
This is going to take some time as the new FAQ is approaching over 150 pages!!!
If there's anything you are specifically looking gfor, let me know and I may be able to e-mail you the 'raw' page; at least you can get the information, but without all the graphics!

Oh, and thanks for the suggested links!

Paul
TTORA FAQ Administrator

1 - 20 of 20 Posts