TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I put some new shoes on the rig today. Got a set of 285/75/16 Dick Cepek Mud Countries. Out the door for $865 from America's Tires.

My MTRs had over 40,000 on them and were louder than a gorilla in heat! Hell, they were barely round! And now that my truck is no longer my daily driver I decided to go for something a little different. The Cepeks were almost $200 cheaper than a full set of MTRs as well. And while I liked the Goodyear's I just didn't want to slap down that much cash right now... tax season and all. Also I had wear issues with the MTRs regardless of how often I rotated them.

I'll keep you all posted on how these new shoes do. Maiden trip should be this weekend, weather and girlfriend permitting. If not it will be the So Cal Calico Trip.

·
TTORA SoCal
1,976 Posts
SoCal Calico trip.....riiiiight. It would be nice to see you out on a run more than once a year, but I guess that is what we get. Those look pretty good Kyle! They should stay nice and clean all year! :flipoff3:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rubberpants said:
SoCal Calico trip.....riiiiight. It would be nice to see you out on a run more than once a year, but I guess that is what we get. Those look pretty good Kyle! They should stay nice and clean all year! :flipoff3:
Why ya gotta be like that?

If you would have checked my calendar prior to scheduling the So Cal events I'd be at all of them!

In any case, I haven't heard a peep about my other thing on the 20th so Calico looks like a go... only if you're nice to me that is! :flipoff3:

·
Browns Fan on Dirt!
2,996 Posts
Oh, now that you have fancy new tires, you're going to go to Calico in hope of making me look bad. I know you.

Hey, they look great!!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice, let us know how they wear and handle on/offroad. I was considering a set of these a while back.
Took em out this weekend to Anza and ran Coyote Canyon. They did great! No slipping and seemed nice and grippy. Needed to air down a bit more than my MTRs though. I think these are a bit harder.

I'll keep everyone posted on the wear.

·
Registered
129 Posts
You both look bad, but your tires look good. Hey, are either one of you guys making it out to AZRocks this weekend? I haven't seen either one of you forever.

Bo

·
TTORA SoCal
1,976 Posts
You both look bad, but your tires look good. Hey, are either one of you guys making it out to AZRocks this weekend? I haven't seen either one of you forever.

Bo
Those 2 wouldn't cross state lines for a TTORA event ever. Even if the AZ heierarchy was putting on a donkey show at the bonfire on Friday night. Hell, they don't even come to the runs out here anymore. But they are on here chatting away like little school girls, giggling at recess:)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey, are either one of you guys making it out to AZRocks this weekend? I haven't seen either one of you forever.

Bo
Hey Bo!

Sadly no AZ Rocks for me this year! Was there for all the rain in 05 though and had a blast! This year it didn't jive with my schedule and family events.

Have fun though... and don't listen to anything Darren says, he's just bitter and sad!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Those 2 wouldn't cross state lines for a TTORA event ever. Even if the AZ heierarchy was putting on a donkey show at the bonfire on Friday night. Hell, they don't even come to the runs out here anymore. But they are on here chatting away like little school girls, giggling at recess:)
That's it! I'm gonna sell my rig... buy an old Daihatsu Rocky and find a Rocky club to join cuz you suck!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Not that I doubted him, but your posts are proving his point. :D

I'm going to try and see if I can make Calico. Will you two drive that far to wheel? Or only to the nearest mall?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not that I doubted him, but your posts are proving his point. :D

I'm going to try and see if I can make Calico. Will you two drive that far to wheel? Or only to the nearest mall?
Contrary to what El Presidento thinks I will be at Calico! I should arrive some time Saturday morning and plan on camping that night.

Be cool to see yo there!

·
TTORA SoCal
1,976 Posts
Contrary to what El Presidento thinks I will be at Calico! I should arrive some time Saturday morning and plan on camping that night.

Be cool to see yo there!
I am glad that you are coming. I got you a couple of suprises that include alcohol. Kind of an old times thing;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hebby, like those tires and I think I'm going to replace a set of Toyo MT265/75/16's with just what you got. Can you tell me how they compare in height to your old MTR's (285 vs. 285) or the mounted on the truck height??? My toyo's are really tall for a 265....taller than a 285 nitto tera mounted on the same width rim so my guess is that the Cepek in a 285 will be just about the same height and just a bit wider than the toyo.

Thanks in advace for any info

2005 tacoma with allpro suspension and rear bumper

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hebby, like those tires and I think I'm going to replace a set of Toyo MT265/75/16's with just what you got. Can you tell me how they compare in height to your old MTR's (285 vs. 285) or the mounted on the truck height??? My toyo's are really tall for a 265....taller than a 285 nitto tera mounted on the same width rim so my guess is that the Cepek in a 285 will be just about the same height and just a bit wider than the toyo.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

They seem a little bit taller to me although I've never measured the MTRs or these so I can't say for certain, but I can make the front rub on full compression now which never happened with my MTR's. And my GF says she feels that she has to fall further out of the truck now... so they must be a bit taller! LOL

Strange that a 265 would be taller than a 285... but who knows!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am glad that you are coming. I got you a couple of suprises that include alcohol. Kind of an old times thing;)
I'll be there sometime Sat morning, I will need to break camp with my archaeology friends early and head a bit further up the 15. I figure I should make the drivers meeting but may have to catch up with everyone.

But I will be there!

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
any updates on how they are doing? thinking about getting a set

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
The tires look good. Nice rig too! :kewl:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts