TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some new rims and tires for my truck a couple weeks ago, and took a trip with my wife and some friends up to the Fryingpan River area east of Basalt. It was actually a backcountry ski trip (the truck sat at the trailhead for 3 days), but I took a few truck shots that I thought I'd share.

BFG KO's 285/75/16 and AR Chamber wheels

Mt Sopris

Ruedi Res

Trail head to Betty Bear Hut

Random shots

- matt

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Matt,

Is your wife feeling better??? Looks like a great trip!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!

Yea - this was the big test to see if the pneumonia was 100% gone. 20+ miles of backcountry skiing at over 10000 feet.... She did great - no lung pain at all. If it wasn't for the quarter-sized blisters on her heels, she'd have been perfect.

I'm really hoping I can make the trip Eric is planning for late June. So many beautiful trails up there...

·
Registered
600 Posts
BFG tires

Jacket said:
Got some new rims and tires for my truck a couple weeks ago, and took a trip with my wife and some friends up to the Fryingpan River area east of Basalt. It was actually a backcountry ski trip (the truck sat at the trailhead for 3 days), but I took a few truck shots that I thought I'd share.
- matt

Hey Matt, truck looks great. How do you like the BFG's? I have the same tire on mine, and so far, I really like them. They bite good in snow and mud. Seems like a smooth ride on the pavement also.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So far, so good. I used to run KO's on my old 4Runners, so I've always been a "fan." Great all-round tire. Some day I'll get an extra set of mudders for the trails, but for now these do well as both a DD and off road.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts