TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some Day 1 and Day 2 pics of the new truck I bought for the shop. I picked it up for a real good deal. It is a 2003 Toyota Tacoma regular cab, and as basic as they come. Charles and I had been thinking of what chassis to put my race motor in and this is what we chose. We will be posting pics regularly as the build comes along, but all we have done so far is take out everything. Our goal is a 8 sec street truck. Thanks for looking.

Josh

Before the gutting.

Halfway

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Not exactly an offroad truck, but still kind of cool anyways. What kind of motor you putting in it?

·
Registered
854 Posts
Cool truck I guess. Looks like a 2WD mini? With that amount of power, I'm assuming you'll be doing fuel mods, installing beefier axles and drivetrain components, as well as gears? What size tires are on there now? Looks like the new ones are going to be slightly larger? Welcome to the board by the way, and good luck with the build.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have a few more updates.

The wiring kit, parachute, and fuel cell arrived. We are mocking all the stuff up so we can send the truck to paint.

The wiring kit has started to go in and the fuel cell is mounted. We also have the motor in so we can mock up the motor and tranny mounts.

Here you go:

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
2019 4RUNNER TRD Off-Road
9,051 Posts
Very Cool, but I will ask the question, should you not be posting on CustomTaco's site???? Not that we don't appriciate a great running drag Taco, but seriously, not here.

Anyways -- Welcome to TTORA!

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
very cool! I was gonna refer you to CT, but i acutally kinda wanna see this build

1 - 7 of 7 Posts