TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the new skid plate All Phase in Longmont created for me. It's 1/8" steel with flared holes. My bumper finally looks complete....

Although I forgot till just now that they still have my front license plate! Don't know where I'd put it anyway...lol.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I finally got to remove the stock blinker bulbs that have been zip-tied to the bumper supports since April! I'm gonna test it out Sunday at Kelly Flats, wanna join me?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
spindleshanks said:
Here's the new skid plate All Phase in Longmont created for me. It's 1/8" steel with flared holes. My bumper finally looks complete....

Although I forgot till just now that they still have my front license plate! Don't know where I'd put it anyway...lol.
Zip tie it to the skid plate through the holes in it. That'd work, ha. And Ric, you coming out with us sunday? I'm thinking we're gonna meet at Ted's Place starting at 9, and probably leave about 10 for the trail or earlier if everyones there sooner.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kelly Flats is west of Ft. Collins, so maybe an hour and 45 min. north of Springs on I-25, then maybe another half hour to the meet up point. Sunday morning, so there will be no traffic on 25 or anywhere else. We got some other folks coming from Denver...ask Colorado125 about 'em. What kinda mileage you get out of that 2.7?

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Lysmachia said:
Sexy skid plate Jeremy!
Don't mind Troy...... He is such a pain in my ass! :)

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BTW, in the process of designing the new skid plate, All Phase stripped out all the bolts on the front 3 mounts, which had previously been upgraded from stock by Jed at Armorology. I found that it's near impossible to reinstall the skidplates with the new addition. The holes just don't line up and all the fixed nuts are stripped out. Oh well! Guess that means more custom fabrication in the future. That's it dammit...I'm learning to fucking weld.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm looking in to making a skidplate for my truck w/a 3" toytec lift. It will be fun to make this, tig welded, maybe even cnc engraved/etched out something cool on it...does anybody think this would be desired if I make more than one???

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
looks good...Bout time you got that radiator covered!

**sigh**Wish i had the money to go down to the sprizzle and get jed to pimp my ride.

Alas, I will be spending HOURS making a piece of crap that I'm not happy with, but it will be cheaper. (or so I tell myself :) )

·
Registered
390 Posts
All Phase stripped out all the bolts on the front 3 mounts, which had previously been upgraded from stock by Jed at Armorology. I found that it's near impossible to reinstall the skidplates with the new addition. The holes just don't line up and all the fixed nuts are stripped out
take it back to them, have them fix it. they messed it up, thats what I would do, if they dont, tell everyone, and post it on every freakin internet board...
IF, they are a repitable shop, they will fix it for you, since they, messed it up.
Sorry to hear this, your a good guy, they should fix it for you :2cents:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I am thinking about making up some skids for mine and my brothers truck.

I cant decide if i should use 1/8 or 3/16 plate? I looked into that Uhmv plastic, but its too much $$$$

Have you beat up on that skid? If so has it held up well, or would you rather it be thicker?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Somehows I missed this thread last month. Oh well.

If Gumbercules still has three stripped or otherwise carnaged frame nuts, I have a drill & tap to make them 3/16 bolts instead, there's enough material to do it. All my skid plate bolts are 3/16 now, the stock threads were trashed and it was easier than finding the metric tap that matches those threads. I probably still don't have that tap.

You coming Sunday? We could do it then if you want.

-Sean

·
Registered
898 Posts
last month? this shit is from last year!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts