TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Josh Boerner of http://bent-creations.com/ has worked his mad skillz again. He says that your imagination is his only limitation. Well I imagined them, and he made them and they came out GREAT. Here are my new sliders, they are made from 1.75 round 120 wall tube.
Now because my wife has MS, walking is hard and she needed a stable FLAT place to stand while getting in and out, but I wanted upward angled round sliders instead of my clearance robbing square 2x2, so I came up with this idea, Enjoy.
Here is a shot to show the upward angle.

Here is what makes these KILLER, grate is fantastic for kicking off mud and such from feet.

Front to back
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Again front

Rear

Nice and sturdy place to stand.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
436 Posts
looks good man, i been thinkin bout the same design as well... how much they cost ya if u dont mind me asking..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,222 Posts
damn man, I hate to hear that about your wife, I don't know if this is new news or old news, either way, that sux. But, the sliders look killer!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Zackattak said:
Those things are awesome! They look pretty beefy too.
They are beef-a-mus max-im-us! times 10!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jhorn_007 said:
looks good man, i been thinkin bout the same design as well... how much they cost ya if u dont mind me asking..
Cost? I'm not sure cuz I bought a ton of 1.75 tube for my sliders, front and rear bumpers, roll bar, part of my eventual exo cage, side protection, etc etc and stuff for him to do my SAS, so how much they cost I'm not sure, sorry.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wslytoy said:
damn man, I hate to hear that about your wife, I don't know if this is new news or old news, either way, that sux. But, the sliders look killer!
Thanks for the kind thoughts re: wife, about 9 months after twins were born she started having trouble walking and falling down a lot and other troublesome things so we went and found out, so its been 3 years now, as the boys are almost 4. She has the ONE kindof the 3 that has NO treatments for and she should have been in a wheel chair, unable to speak and almost blind by know, but Jesus if ever faithful, and we see a natural-pathic/homeopathic Dr. who has treated MS before and combined with much prayer she only uses a walker right now and everyone is pretty sure she can get better over time, now its all about our patience level! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Prayers to your wife and family

Captkirkyota said:
Thanks for the kind thoughts re: wife, about 9 months after twins were born she started having trouble walking and falling down a lot and other troublesome things so we went and found out, so its been 3 years now, as the boys are almost 4. She has the ONE kindof the 3 that has NO treatments for and she should have been in a wheel chair, unable to speak and almost blind by know, but Jesus if ever faithful, and we see a natural-pathic/homeopathic Dr. who has treated MS before and combined with much prayer she only uses a walker right now and everyone is pretty sure she can get better over time, now its all about our patience level! :)
You will be in our prayers, hope they can find a cure for it. I know it must put a helluva strain on your family life, I would be devistated if my wife was not mobile, rely on her so much it isnt funny.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,057 Posts
Look very nice. Weld on, right? How'd ya paint them?

BTW-Not of much significant importance, but my names your last 5 letters. Haha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,802 Posts
Kirk, Those look great! Did you fab the tread plates in the middle? or are those prefabricated and cut to fit? I have been thinking about re-doing my sliders, but it's at the end of a very long to-do list.

When are you planning on doing your SAS? any ideas on what parts you will be using? I am thinking of changing a couple of things on mine to make it a bit lower. I think i might remove the 44044's and go with stock waggies, then remove my BL. Then start hacking the body to allow my tires to stuff with as little lift as possible.

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kyota said:
Look very nice. Weld on, right? How'd ya paint them?

BTW-Not of much significant importance, but my names your last 5 letters. Haha
Weld on, painted prior to install with hammerite.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Norcalvp said:
Kirk, Those look great! Did you fab the tread plates in the middle? or are those prefabricated and cut to fit? I have been thinking about re-doing my sliders, but it's at the end of a very long to-do list.

When are you planning on doing your SAS? any ideas on what parts you will be using? I am thinking of changing a couple of things on mine to make it a bit lower. I think i might remove the 44044's and go with stock waggies, then remove my BL. Then start hacking the body to allow my tires to stuff with as little lift as possible.

Steve
That is grate material I got at a steel place and we cut to fit. Had to then weld on the back a strip of 2" x 1/4 thick steel so it would raise it up level since sliders are angled up, IE width side up so it would sit on top of lower inner tube and then make level the grate. MAKE sure you weld in cross bracing bars before the grate.

SAS is ready to do as soon as I get my springs and axles. I went with springs built to Toyota P.U/. lengths, at Taco weight and 3 inch lift for PU, and the rears are 5 inch lift Taco specs, plus 1.5 inches center pin to rear for a better shackle angle for more droop. I'm leaving my 2" BL on so I can fit 37-38's with no issues. Just ordered 37 irok radials today.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
4x4runnerSD said:
Dont those shred the back of your legs as you slide out?

maybe you havent had them long enough yet, time will tell.
Nope, thought of that ahead of time and made sure edge was below the top of tube radius. My wife lacks the strength to step out and past them, so she slides over them and has zero issues with scraping.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top