TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I backed my truck into a 34" deep snowy field to pull a jeep out of it....drug that dude all the way up the hill, with snow goign over the hood and my tires thoughing snow 10ft high that dude only wished he had a taco:D.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
We need another blizzard like the one(s) we had 2 years ago. Those were so fun. You could snow wheel in your own neighbourhood!

·
20,355 Posts
Were you in PA for the blizzards of the 90's though. I think it was 93 that was the worst.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Yeah he was stuck. We were trying to pull a friends Suberu out and it got us all sideways. A Ford Dully had to rescue the both of us!

·
7,735 Posts
Nice.. you buy them a sticker for thanks? (toyota recovery vehicle).,..

I loved that blizzard we had a few years ago, I could go for something like that about once a month. Can't wheel in the shit at all, but sure like driving around on deserted streets.

·
20,355 Posts
I had more fun in the one of 2001 than the latest one. Didnt have shit to do in 2001, so it was complete playtime for me.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Nice.. you buy them a sticker for thanks? (toyota recovery vehicle).,..

I loved that blizzard we had a few years ago, I could go for something like that about once a month. Can't wheel in the shit at all, but sure like driving around on deserted streets.
x2

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Yep, the March blizzard of 2003. That was the big one that pretty much shut down the city. You know its bad when you get stuck backing out of your garage.:mad:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Was troy stuck in that pic? Looks like he's getting close to it :driving:
another funny story...i was driving up this snomobile trail and like 20ft into it drops...my truck was over like a 4ft snowbank...well somehow with minumal shovaling, underthe frame, i was out...mean while shoveling, these city slickers roled up in there stock forrunner, drivingthrough a foot of snow at the trail head to come 'rescue' me...and sure enough he through it in the ditch, up to their hood in snow, so ironically, i ended up pulling him out of the bank. :cool:

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Yep, the March blizzard of 2003. That was the big one that pretty much shut down the city. You know its bad when you get stuck backing out of your garage.:mad:

While that blizzard was bigger than the one(s) 2 years ago, the fact that it just kept snowing every 3 days (2 years ago) made the whole front range look like a ski town. I have never seen so much snow piled on the side of roads and side-walks! Either way I'd take any of those snow storms again. Good times! (Though it does F up the directTV satellite dish,,,,)

·
7,735 Posts
Though it does F up the directTV satellite dish
heh, yeah, I was out in the yard with every broom handle I could find, all taped together trying to brush snow off the dish up on my roof. I finally ended up climbing up in the attic with a hammer to pound underneath it to get the snow to fall off. there was no way in hell I was climbing up there on a ladder.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Ours is so finicky that if it even thinks about raining it goes all pixelated. You'd think they'd make a self warming version for colder climates.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
While that blizzard was bigger than the one(s) 2 years ago, the fact that it just kept snowing every 3 days (2 years ago) made the whole front range look like a ski town. I have never seen so much snow piled on the side of roads and side-walks! Either way I'd take any of those snow storms again. Good times! (Though it does F up the directTV satellite dish,,,,)
Spray it with PAM each fall. it will get discolored over the summer but snow will not stick to it all winter. (ex directv tech)

There are self adhesive warmers that stick to the back of the dish. the only problem is that you have to run power to them and they short out in the summer after baking on the roof.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Were you in PA for the blizzards of the 90's though. I think it was 93 that was the worst.
yah , i have lived in PA my whole life. and the last two , were my first two with a 4wd vehicle , and we get no snow , i think you r thinking of the blizzard of 96 , it shut the whole damn state down for like 3 days.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts