TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo! What would be a better replacement spark plugs, NGK iridium plugs, Denso iridium plugs, or just the OEM denso plugs? My truck has a little over 273,000 mi.

·
Registered
249 Posts
damex85 said:
Yo! What would be a better replacement spark plugs, NGK iridium plugs, Denso iridium plugs, or just the OEM denso plugs? My truck has a little over 273,000 mi.
Go with the OEM ones. From what I can tell most the others aren't worth the money.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
the iridiums rock, but their price sucks, they are too expensive, and unless you run a super hot ignition system really arent needed, you would jsut be wasting money for extra performance that you would never see

i run vpower ngks in my truck.... they are jsut the stock replacements, many people love these plugs, they are actually specified for use by my fsm

·
Registered
514 Posts
damex85 said:
Your on the right track, I wouldnt waste the money for any iridium especially Denso which can change the "heat range" of the plug, unless you are running forced induction and/or nitrous, then iridium's are standard equipment. Whatever you do dont ever let anyone like some 18 yr old at shucks did to me and tell you that the Bosch whatevers were designed for your truck. As odd as it is Bosch plugs dont work in toyotas at least the 5vz, I bought a set a long time ago, before I learned a thing or 2 and I got a high rpm misfire right away. Steer clear of Bosch-

·
I LIVE FOR THIS
1,700 Posts
Yea im heading towards the factory plugs sometime in the near future since i didnt get any improvements on the denso iridums...great plugs but not worth the added costs unless your supercharged.

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
Unless you have some forced induction thing going on, just stick with stock stuff. No matter how much you spend, you're not really going to make any more power by buying expensive spark plugs.

·
Bear's Chauffeur
2,240 Posts
I got the Denso Iridiums, and can't tell any difference what so ever so saver your money and go with OEM. Thats what I am going back with here pretty soon

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well thanks for all the info, but one question? What would be a forced induction system? I'm not familier with it. And yes I have went and bought the OEM Densos from the dealership. Thanks again all!

·
Registered
121 Posts
damex85 said:
Well thanks for all the info, but one question? What would be a forced induction system? I'm not familier with it. And yes I have went and bought the OEM Densos from the dealership. Thanks again all!
forced induction= turbocharger, supercharger, and/or nitrous.

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
Nitrous is not really considered forced induction. It's a power adder but it's not really forced induction. Forced induction is any method of forcing more charge into the cylinders than can be realized with natural aspiration while nitrous is charge enhancement. Literally speaking forced induction is supercharging, including turbos. Supercharging can even be realized by acoustically tuning the engine intake albeit over a very narrow range of RPMs and typically at the expense of sacrificing VE elsewhere in the RPM range of the engine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
13 Participants
Dick Foster
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing