TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have done some minor research on kits for my 4Runner and after doing my taxes this year I have enough to get a nice set...I assume i might wanna change out my shocks as well but I was wondering if anyone could furnish advice on what brands would work best for my year and style.

Thanks for the input guys!

·
Registered
759 Posts
You can piece together a complete lift or buy one from somewhere like ToyTec. Their front coilovers are nice. The standard coils are a 600# rate. That is stiff for a stock bumper and no winch. 500-550 is better. You could go with OME fronts and rears. Tundra TRD fronts. I like my Bilstein shocks.

Besides coils and shocks you will need a panhard bar drop, diff drop (here come the diff drop opinions), make an ebrake relocation bracket and maybe an extended rear brake line.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont know Troy lol I might....not sure and couldnt find it!

·
7,735 Posts
I think the last time around with this degraded into "this has been discussed 1000 times" then we went on to 1001, so I guess this makes it 1002.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Sam, click on your user name and show the find more threads started by this user. That way you will find your thread. Then subscribe to it so you can always find it. ;)

·
7,735 Posts

·
7,735 Posts
Really?:rolleyes:

yeah, I can see how: I need shocks what should I buy

is really close to: I have 3" alcans and SAW 2.0's, I don't have time to measure, if you have this what are the measurements.

pretty damn close.. you're right. One has the specs the other has 0 amount of searching or pertinent information. :flipoff3:

·
Registered
13,296 Posts

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
You should buy something this time, so you don't have to post a third thread next year :flipoff4:.

I know where you can get some Tundra doublecab shocks and springs, assuming they're the proper length for what you have...

·
Registered
759 Posts
Did you ever stop and think that shocks and springs are always being changed and improved? Also I'm sure she is looking for opinions on what people have been running. Not only over the last ten years but in the last year. Do you really need to jump on everyone for asking something that has been asked before? I know you guys have seen tha same questions hundreds of times (since you have thousands of posts). You guys are a valuable resource since you have seen and replied to so many threads.

·
Alumnus maximus
678 Posts
i took some kings off my truck that need rebuilt and new orbit eye and such. we can see if king will rebuild them and if so, you can have them.
let me know if our interested...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts