Has anyone inquired about this stuff?
That traction bar looks sweet!!
hey tim,
do you know a price for it? Thanx,Wes

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
flatlandtacoma said:
Have you greased your slipjoint? That helps quite a bit.
Yeah, it's been freshly greased. Things have cooled down recently though so it may not be slipping as easily as it was before the cool down.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
dude, show them the cool tcase thingee ;)

no more dangling tcases, weee!

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I wonder what that clocking does to the driveshaft tho.

·
Registered
54 Posts
That does look nice. Looks like it creates a few more inches of clearance for the tcase. NOt a bad idea.

Brian

·
<null>
1,805 Posts
Clocking has no effect on the rear shaft and raises the front shaft in a clockwise (looking from back to front) manner.

·
Registered
119 Posts
jtaco1 said:
I wonder what that clocking does to the driveshaft tho.
Well I assume since they market and sell it, the effects can't be that bad...if any. I know guys who run clocked cases on other rigs and have never hard problems.

·
Administrator
18,217 Posts
CronusTRD said:
Clocking has no effect on the rear shaft and raises the front shaft in a clockwise (looking from back to front) manner.
Yeah, but how the hell are you supposed to shift? I'm guessing this is designed around the pushbutton 4wd? My transfer shifter would be pretty useless if I tried to do that... :eek:

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
ShowStop said:
Yeah, but how the hell are you supposed to shift? I'm guessing this is designed around the pushbutton 4wd? My transfer shifter would be pretty useless if I tried to do that... :eek:
It's pretty easy to cut and re-weld the shifter in a better location. I have done this before :D

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
ShowStop said:
the shifter is cut off at the top of the case and you have to weld in an adaptor that changes the position of the shifter back to where was originally. They are working on a kit for this.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
GEEEZ he originally quoted me 269 for that trac. bar but i guess that was about 2 months ago and he said he wasn't sure totally of the price. That is a hell of a design though.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
About this Discussion
50 Replies
24 Participants
drabnor
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing