TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had my '07 DC delivered to my door Wednesday evening. The sales team were in such a rush to get it off the lot and marked as sold that they came to my place after dinner to get it to me because I wasn't going to pick it up until the weekend, when it was convenient for me. I wish I could say "great customer service," but... Had to fight tooth-and-nail just to get close to what I wanted; Toyota doesn't ship what I wanted to the four-state area around Arizona without a special order.

What it is:
Double Cab
4x4
AT (wife wanted AT, I wanted manual, but see above--dealer couldn't find it in NM, AZ, CO, or UT; not important enough to wait six months for a special order)
TRD offroad
Tow package
VSC (for when I have to deal with college kids' poor driving skills and for when I go up to Flagstaff)
Side curtain airbags (ditto)
Silver streak mica (or whatever the silver color is named--wanted speedway blue, but again, couldn't get it).
All the other crap (JBL 6-disc stereo, leather wrapped steering wheel, etc.) that is foisted upon those of us who like our rides to be safe when we're not offroad.

Took it part of the way to Chivo Falls in Redington pass, but my four-year-old was a little timid and wanted me to turn around before we got very far. I was scraping those ginormous mud flaps every bump and it sounded awful in the cab. One of them came off on Friday while backing over a curb... Anyone want three scraped but undamaged and one slightly damaged mud flaps? Two of them say "4x4" ;)

I absolutely love the three different levels of four-wheel-drive provided by the e-locker (4-H, 2-L, 2-L locked). I'm looking forward to using them all.

This is long enough... See you around.

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
2019 4RUNNER TRD Off-Road
9,051 Posts
Welcome to TTORA!
Sounds like a great truck there!
Like Animal stated, get some real sliders to keep away the body damage.
Now post a pick of the clean new ride of yours!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome!

I've been looking at sliders for a while now--well before getting the truck. It takes me a long time to decide anything, and I would like anything I do add to be reversible. I haven't found sliders that I'm dying to own, so I'm likely going to have to fabricate them myself--not that I'm a great welder, but I want direct bolt-ons--no drilling or welding on the frame--if possible.

I'll get some images posted soon.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Welcome to TTORA!! Congrats on getting a nice truck...You could put up your mudflaps on Ebay---they have been selling like crazy...a set of 4 going for $100 plus...you would do ok on there with just your rear flaps...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts