TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Just traded the wifes subaru impreza for a 2015 Tacoma doublecab long bed 4wd with 30k miles.
New to tacomas but not to cars/ trucks and the like
39502618_10216759994943091_5626023561345892352_o.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there!
I come across with this page and was reading about the difference between a regular Toyota Tacoma from a TRD model.
I bought my 2014 Tacoma “TRD sport” a few months back convinced that it was a authentic TRD from factory, but after reading the comments, I have my doubts. I does not have a “locking deferential” button on the left of the stirring wheel, doesn’t have at all, the rear deferential drain is on the right side, but it does have bilstein suspension, TRD exhaust tip, hood scoop and of course that TRD sport strikers on both sides of the rear side of the bed, Does this tells you something about my TRD sport?
Thank you!

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,396 Posts
Hi there!
I come across with this page and was reading about the difference between a regular Toyota Tacoma from a TRD model.
I bought my 2014 Tacoma “TRD sport” a few months back convinced that it was a authentic TRD from factory, but after reading the comments, I have my doubts. I does not have a “locking deferential” button on the left of the stirring wheel, doesn’t have at all, the rear deferential drain is on the right side, but it does have bilstein suspension, TRD exhaust tip, hood scoop and of course that TRD sport strikers on both sides of the rear side of the bed, Does this tells you something about my TRD sport?
Thank you!
The TRD Sport models have a rear limited slip. Not a full locker. The TRD Off-Road models have the rear e-locker.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts