TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the deal. I want some more passenger room, so I am SERIOUSLY thinking about getting rid of my 2002 X-Cab Tacoma. I am looking into a double cab but can't decide if I want to stick with 2004 and older or go with 2005 and up. I found a 2004 Double cab TRD but they want almost the same amount of money as a 2005 Double cab 4x4 SR5 I found with a 6 speed!! So I guess my question is, are the new Tacoma's as tough and well built as the previous ones? Is the extra 55 HP from the V6 worth it? I do like how you can get a manual trans with the V6 in the newer model... I just don't know what to do. The new body style almost looks too pretty to take off road!! Anyone have any suggestions or opinions?

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
your a very indecisive person.. pick what u want and get it. not many gearing options exist for the 05+ tacomas right now so if u run huge tires you may be waiting awhile to regear.. same goes for aftermarket lockers.. the only benefit i see for aftermarket parts is that shrockworks has bumpers and sliders avaliable for it now..

when u comin to get these cv cores ? :D

·
Premium Member
5,584 Posts
depends on if you plan to wheel it or not. I agree the size difference is a big turn off for me as well. The lack of aftermarket accessories (and the cost of the ones available) are bad too. But in time they will come down. The larger engine is something to consider however. different strokes for different folks. Mine is being sold for that exact reason, however I need more than a new taco offers so i am going full size. just look at the practicality of it and see what works best for YOU

·
Premium Member
5,955 Posts
You can come get the silver DC sitting in our showroom.
You Buy that and I will personally knock everything out of Your way.
I will sacrifice the " green T" to keep yer truck "pretty":lmao:

·
Registered
704 Posts
I went from a 97 Ford F350 Crew Cab to the 06 DC and I am still satisfied with all the room inside.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I went from a 00 Single Cab to an 06 Access Cab and was really happy. I guess any more room besides a single cab is better than nothing. The double cabs are really nice to. Ive seen Joeys and its awesome. The extra HP is defenatly worth it IMO. The new 4.0's scream!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
i went from a 99 xtra cab 4x4 to an 06 d-cab 4x4 i think its a world of difference. better in some ways and not in others. it was a better serious wheeling rig and if i could have afforded both of them i would have kept it. i think the only thing that will make me by a newer one know is if the put in the dual vvt-i in the 4.0 but until then i will keep what i have. if your interested in a new one pm me and i give you a really fare deal

1 - 9 of 9 Posts