TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've got an 04 Taco 4wd reg cab with the 2.7L, that's almost totally stock. It has the 15x7 steel wheels. I recently picked up some Goodyear MTR's 32x11.5x15R for an awesome price that I can't wait to mount. Will I have any rubbing issues without doing a lift? From what I've heard, the clearance will be okay though close, but I just wanted to get some feedback from others.

Thanks!!

Jay

·
Registered
342 Posts
jmerry said:
Hey guys,

I've got an 04 Taco 4wd reg cab with the 2.7L, that's almost totally stock. It has the 15x7 steel wheels. I recently picked up some Goodyear MTR's 32x11.5x15R for an awesome price that I can't wait to mount. Will I have any rubbing issues without doing a lift? From what I've heard, the clearance will be okay though close, but I just wanted to get some feedback from others.

Thanks!!

Jay

you'll rub.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
my buddy at work put 32's on his stock 04 trd extra cab and he has lost 2 mud flaps so far due to the rub. so i guess 32's rub a bit?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What size and kind of lift would you guys suggest? I don't do alot of wheeling, so would this combo work without rub for onroad driving? At least until I could get the lift?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
533 Posts
I would go with Search lift, they are cheap and good for people that don't know about lifts and haven't ever installed one.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
darwink1 said:
my buddy at work put 32's on his stock 04 trd extra cab and he has lost 2 mud flaps so far due to the rub. so i guess 32's rub a bit?

eh dont need those anyways...

do the pinch weld mod and if that dosent work go get ur truck alighned and tell them to set the caster as low as it can go. i think its 1.2 or something. as far as the rear is concerned...cant really do much about that

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Search Lift? Can you give me some more info on it, or suggest a vendor? Where would the truck likely rub?

Thanks!

·
Registered
533 Posts
jmerry said:
Search Lift? Can you give me some more info on it, or suggest a vendor? Where would the truck likely rub?

Thanks!
Actually I don't think your ready for a search lift yet, Try a TECH/FAQ lift first. You can find it right next to the sponsor link at the top of the page.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
i suggest a 2" body lift. It will make the truck a bit top heavy...but who cares, your not wheelin it. Also, its a cheap way to go.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You know 007, I was born at night, but not last night. I've turned a wrench before, but never installed a lift. Keep your comments to yourself.

·
Registered
533 Posts
You're starting to get sassy, now go cool off by searching this topic and reading the Tech/Faq page. You will get a lot more info there than by posting a dead horse topic in the wrong damn folder.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
If you don't wheel your truck that hard and are just looking for a cheap lift check out some of the lifts from wheelersoffroad.com. You can get a cheap 2.5" lift for about $200.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
i had the search lift for a year and it wasnt that good. i mean the bolts that came with it were the wrong size and i had to put up with that on top of all of the other often discussed problems. the tech/faq was a bit better but rode a little stiff. the shock valving was off. i was able to totally clear 33x12.5's w both lifts and no cutting at all so if its just the height u want go for the tech. imo.

·
Registered
127 Posts
toy tec has a ton of options as far as a affordable suspension lifts go.. they offer a 2 a 2.5 and a 3 in many variations.. i have a 3" on my truck and it is great.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the help, guys. Sorry for the confusion earlier 007, I just misinterpreted your post. I apologize.

I've checked out the toytech 2.5 lift and I think I'll go with it. Seems like a pretty simple install, and realitively cheap..

Thanks again!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's an awesome picture. Thanks for the visual. What kind of power decrease should I expect with the 32's and the 2.7L w/stock gear? I know they'll be some but will there be problems at highway speeds in 5th gear?

As always, thanks for the replies.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
14 Participants
dd_sr5
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing