TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Getting new tire on the 07 and looking at several options. I know there is tone of info on here and i have been through it. Anybody have the nitto dune tires? Still planning on going with the cooper st2, 265/70/17 on pro comp wheels. Any have trouble with polished wheels? Just wondering the upkeep. Thanks guys kinda a newbe to the forum thing, will post pics soon.

·
Registered
130 Posts
cooper st2, 265/70/70 on pro comp wheels.
70 inch wheels! Dang that is some serious bling!! ;)

Sorry, but I have no experience with polished wheels. I've always run black steel so a rattle-can can fix em up. Lots of people run those Coopers though and there is lots of info on here about em. I just got some Dick Cepek Mud Countries (made by Cooper) and I like them a lot... so far!

·
Registered
483 Posts
i have an 05 tacoma and i fit in 265/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers. they are really good tires. excellent traction on and offroad, no slippage at STEEP angles going down hill either. 265/75 just fits without rubbing. its perfect. it gives it a more aggressice look/stance. youll like em if you try em. or check out mickey thompson baja mtz. they have a high mileage smooth street rating as well. Good luck ace.

·
Registered
8 Posts
"offroadcoma" - do you have stock wheels with your Nitto's? I have been searching these threads - seems like folks say they dont rub with stock wheels.. but do with various aftermarket wheels?

Anyhow know what a good amout of BS on non-stock wheels to not rub with 265/75/16? -

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Running Cooper ATR's 265/75/16 on my rig with minimal rub (driver side mud flap, full left turn, full compression). Will be getting 235/85/16 Cooper STT's (got an extra set of rims) for hunting season and wheeling back home.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts